Phase 13

"Ouch, sorryyy!" Amethyst started bumping into so many 'people'.

        "What's this, it's like a horror movie in real life." Amethyst got fed up colliding with others all the time just on the way to her classroom. "I'm gonna ask Marmalade to help me today," said Amethyst as she strode along the wall.

        Oh, Marmalade. I'm going to ask her about yesterday.

        "Hey, Amethyst! Were you alright? You shouldn't study so hard, you need rest too you know." Marmalade called out to her as usual.

        "Marmalade, I need to ask you --"

        "Haha, yeah. She fell asleep in the library, so I had to carry her home! Imagine how much muscle I've gained!" Marmalade seemed busy, so Amethyst planned to thank her during lunch.

        During lunch.

        "Marmalade, let's go to the cafeteria. I'll treat you to some food," invited Amethyst.

        "Wow, today's sun will be setting on the east!" teased Marmalade.

        "Thanks for carrying me home yesterday. Did you get home safely?" asked Amethyst.

        "I'm here safe and sound now, as you can see," Marmalade smiled. They each bought the chicken chop set and sat down together.

        "Ah, sorry I bumped into your hand," apologized Amethyst.

        "Why are you apologizing into thin air?" asked Marmalade perplexedly.

        "I've been meaning to tell you since this morning. I can feel them now! I kept bumping into people on my way to class," clarified Amethyst.

        Marmalade was deep in thought.

        "Hey, is it related to what I saw yester --"

        "What happened yesterday?" Marmalade cut Amethyst off.

        "Huh? Why are you asking me? You were there too."

        "Was I? I just walked out of the aisle and saw you lying on the table." Marmalade averted Amethyst's gaze.

        "But I saw you at th--"

        "Maybe you were so tired your eyes played tricks on you," said Marmalade, flustered.

        "Nah, that can't be. I was more awake than ever," refuted Amethyst.

        "By the way, about you feeling the people around you..."

        "Yeah, I'm so happy now! I can finally interact physically with my dad! It's been my long dreamt wish." Amethyst proceeded with the subject change.

        "How were your parents' reactions?" continued Marmalade.

        "Mom laughed and cried. Both or them hugged me," bragged Amethyst.

        "I see. You must have a scrumptious feast waiting for you at home." Marmalade muttered, "Though your dad won't be home as often from now on."

        "Why not? I can finally spend some time bonding with dad. I can't imagine how happy he must be."

        "You should cherish them more."

        "Yeah, of course! They are my dearest parents," answered Amethyst naturally. Looking at Amethyst, Marmalade smiled with sadness in her eyes.

        Dong~ Dong~

        As class was starting, Marmalade led Amethyst back to the classroom to prevent her from running into others.

        The Preora exam was just around the corner. Marmalade chose to take the proficiency test this time, while Amethyst decided to dive straight in.

        This time, there were less people taking the exam, so Amethyst got to the top easily yet again. Marmalade also managed to pass the exam with average results. "High five!" Both of them cheered happily as they were able to attend the same class together again.