Phase 30

Praang! Marmalade dropped her cup.

        "Oops, guess I have to clean this up. Where did I put the duster..." The handle of the duster went right through Marmalade's hands. "Time's up, huh. Well, I just have to use magic to clean this up."

        Snap

        "Phew, all done! But I can't possibly go to school with my transparent hands." Marmalade thought, Maybe I'll go pick her up!

        "I'm off!" Amethyst opened the door, only to see Marmalade outside waiting for her.

        "Marmalade! Not going to school today?" asked Amethyst as she noticed Marmalade not dressed up.

        "Time's up for me, Amethyst."

        "Time's up? What--" Amethyst saw Marmalade's legs slowly fading.

        "What's this?!" Amethyst was shocked to tears.

        "Here, take this." Marmalade bestowed a necklace to Amethyst. As Amethyst received the necklace, bright light shone from it.

        "Now, you're the owner. You're the Guardian now," stated Marmalade.

        "Wait, this is all too sudden!" Amethyst protested.

        "You would know what to do with it. Try not to neglect your duties!" Marmalade rose and vanished into thin air.

        "No, wait, Marmalade! I haven't even thank you for everything you've done! You've helped me so much. Don't go, Marmalade!" Amethyst broke into tears.

        Rouge heard a ruckus outside the house. "Is everything alright?" He opened the door to find Amethyst on the floor bawling her eyes out.

        "Dad!" Amethyst ran towards Rouge and hugged him. "Marmalade!"

        Rouge patted her head and settled her down on the couch. Honey prepared warm cocoa, cookies and towel for her.

        "Marmalade gave this to me." Amethyst sobbed and started talking after she calmed herself.

        "A necklace?" asked Honey.

        "She said I would know what to do with it." Amethyst added.

        "What do you see, Amethyst?" Rouge prompted her.

        "A key."

        "Ah, a magical tool." Rouge realized. "Even your mom and I can only see a necklace. I assume only rightful owners know how to use it."

        So that was what she meant, Amethyst realized. "What do I use this for?"

        "As a key, dear." Honey patted her head.

        "Here, have a break, have a cookie." Rouge fed her cookies and wiped her tears off.