CHAPTER 03 🧚‍♀️

"Get your books out, and turn to page 56. We'll be learning about simultaneous equations" Mr Kim called out.
All the students groaned out, as they had already been working on algebra for a solid month.
"Don't worry folks, we'll start a new topic next week" Namjoon chuckled.

He started teaching, and went through how to solve the equations. But as he was teaching, he noticed the raven head near the back. The boy was looking to side with a somewhat pained face.

"Jungkook are you listening?" Namjoon called out.
"Uh do you mind if I go to the bathroom please?" Jungkook softly spoke.
"Of course" Mr Kim smiled, showing off his claiming dimples.

The teacher had a calming aura, making the students feel some what safe in his presence. Jungkook quickly stood up and rushed out the room. His eyes glistened as he walked under the bright school lights. He kept his head down, watching his feet move at a fast pace, steering in different directions. As he was walking he collided into something, making him fall. He squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for him to smash onto the floor, but it never happened.

Jungkook carefully fluttered his eyes open, to be met with a similar honey toned skin, with sharp yet delicate features.

"Carful sweetie, you could get yourself injured watching the world below your feet" the deep, whilst sweet voice spoke, making the younger melt into the others strong grasp.
"S-sorry Mr K-Kim" Jungkook quietly spoke. Tae smiled, shaking his head slightly before letting go of the other, in case the younger was uncomfortable.

"Don't worry pet, are you okay? You looked pretty upset"
"I-I'm f-fine thank you M-mr Kim, I was just going t-to the b-bathroom." He stuttered shyly.
"I have a free period, you're sad about something. Come on let's go to my office and we can talk"

Jungkook looked up, and was met with the warm hazel ones, he simply nodded, and a small smile in gratitude spread on his face.
Jungkook trailed behind the elder, picking up the pace to keep up with the teachers long strides. He followed Mr Kim into his office, and Tae softly shut the door behind them.

"Take a seat sweet" Tae gestured his hand out to the chair placed in front of his desk. Jungkook sat down, wrapping his arms around his stomach, and nervously tapping his foot making his whole leg move.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. Take a deep breath for me okay" Tae softly spoke.
Jungkook did as he was told and took a deep breath. He slowly stopped tapping his foot and gently relaxed his arms.
"Well done sweetie. Now what's going on in that little head of yours?" Tae questioned in the most kindest way possible.

"I'm stressed s-sir. I can't concentrate, every little thing is just piling up, and I can't hold it anymore." Jungkook started to tear up again.
"No no don't cry"

Tae quickly brought out a pack of tissues, giving them to the younger.
"It's okay, to feel stressed. No one ever said school would be easy, but it's the whole experience in life. Without the struggles you have now, there's no way you'd be able to face life in the future. You will fall, you will feel like your whole world has crashed down, you may feel like you don't belong here anymore."

"But Jungkook, one day you'll find someone, or some people who will pick you up when you fall. They will be there for you and treat you like the most precious thing on earth. You need to think positively, there are people who would love to live life, but they can't. So it's our job to live it for them. Things will be better, the cloudy sky will become blue. Just a little patience is what you need."

Jungkook listened to every word, every little expression and emotion as the teacher spoke. His heart skipped multiple beats, having an increase in its pace. Tears streamed down his face. Tae had knocked the words right out of him. He didn't know what to say. The latter had never had so much guidance before, he was always the one to do everything for himself. Not once did it cross his mind that he'd need such reassurance.
Jungkook looked up to face the teacher. He looked at him with such pride and fondness.

"Thank you" Jungkook choked out through his sobs.
"Thank you so much Mr Kim" Jungkook repeated again with more courage.
"Jungkook sweet, if anything happens, if you need anyone. Speak up, don't just bottle it, as it'll only progress into something worse. I'll always be here for you, not only as your teacher but as someone who you can lean on, a friend." Tae smiled, before slowly getting out his chair and walking around his desk to the other boy.

He hesitantly brought his hand up and gently placed it on the younger's cheek. His hand was light against the boys dampened skin. He moved his thumb across the boys cheek, pushing aside the tears which rolled quickly down his cheek. He was quick to retract this hand soon after.

"No more crying, save them for another day. Just focus and give your full effort into your class and in no time you'll get the hang of it. Patience" Tae repeated again.
"I-I don't know what to say, thank you so much" Jungkook smiled, looking closely at the teachers facial features.
"What class have you come from pup?"
"Maths, w-with Mr Kim" Jungkook huffed.

"Are you okay to go back?" He asked worriedly.
"I think so" Jungkook slowly nodded.
"Okay, come along. I'll let Mr Kim know why you were taking a while." Tae smiled.
"Thank you Tae"

Tae's heart fluttered at just the nickname coming from the younger's mouth. It was comforting, and something he could get used to. Tae's smile shone brightly towards the younger.
"Come on, let's go"
Jungkook once again followed behind. Tae and Jungkook had small talk on the way to the classroom.

"Um Mr Kim, d-do you want your jumper back? I've put it in the wash, but I left it at.."
"No no don't bother, keep it. It's suits you more than me, plus I have many more" Tae smiled.
"A-are you sure?" Jungkook asked with wide eyes.
"Of course pup"

They were both greeted by the maths room door, and Tae lightly knocked before walking in.
"And that's how you solve....oh hello Mr Kim what can I do for you?" Namjoon smiled.

"Just to let you know I was having a chat with Jungkook, in case you were wondering why his absence was so long" Tae responded politely to his best friend.
"Not a problem, thank you for letting me know" Namjoon smiled, before saying goodbye to Mr Kim.
Jungkook quietly thanked Tae again and sat back in his seat, feeling better.