CHAPTER 30 🧚‍♀️

"Come on Tae lets gooo" Jungkook dragged the elder to a near by cafe.
"I want my cinnamon swirl" Jungkook pouted.
"Okay okay" Tae chuckled, chasing after the bunny.

They walked into the cafe, a gust of sweet smelling coffee filled the air. The building was cutely decorated with aesthetic plants and fairy lights.

"Take a seat guys I'll be with you in a second" the waiter smiled at the couple.
Tae led the younger to a booth, and sat opposite each other. They looked at the menu to view what drinks they had.
"Hi guys what can I get for you?" The waiter asked.

"Please may I have a small caramel vanilla iced coffee, and a slice of lemon cake please."
"Yep" the waiter wrote down the order.
"And can I have a banana milk shake and a cinnamon bun please"
"Sure, is that everything?" He asked.
"Yes thank you" Tae smiled.
"I'll get them to you right away" the waiter walked off.

Tae took hold of the younger's hand over the hand. A boxy smile appeared on his face seeing the ring on Jungkook's finger.
"I love you" Tae blurted all of a sudden.
"I love you too" Jungkook giggled.

The waiter brought them their food and drinks and the couple thanked him. As they were eating the door chimed again. The person made loud footsteps, and they were getting closer to Jungkook and Tae. The younger looked up and saw his dad standing at the end of their table.

"D-dad? What are you doing?" Jungkook asked blinking hoping that he was dreaming.

"Hi Jungkook, do you mind if we talk?"
Jungkook looked at Tae and Tae gave him a small nod, telling him to talk.
"You can sit with us, and whatever you say, he can be sitting with us" Jungkook said pointing at Tae.
"Uh hes your frie..."
"No he's my fiancé" Jungkook looked at him with sharp eyes.
His dad looked down and saw the ring on the younger ring finger.

"Oh right then of course, and congratulations"
"Thank you sir" Tae husked out.
Jungkook stood up and moved around the table to sit next to Tae while his dad sat where Jungkook was sitting.

"Where do I begin?" Jungkook's dad scratched the back of his neck.
"From why you left and I've got nightmares of you screaming at me" Jungkook folded his arms, staring at his dad. Tae wrapped an arm around Jungkook's waist, resting his hand at the boys hip.

"Well your mother started sleeping around with a load of younger men. She claimed she never wanted a kid and blamed it on me. I tried to look after you while she was sleeping around with the men, but you needed a mother. One day I came home from work. You were playing with some toys and your mum was making love with someone right next to you."

"I stormed in and yelled at her, for cheating and then for doing it while you were just below their feet. She began screaming at me and then at you for making her life miserable. She threw a bottle at me while I was trying to pick you up. Hence why I have a scar here and you have a scar on your face."

"Wait I thought the scar on my face was there since birth" Jungkook gasped.
His dad shook his head and showed Jungkook a baby picture of himself which clearly showed the side of his face and there was no scar.

"That's why mum has no photos of me from the age 3 and younger"
"Yeah.. after our argument, she packed her bags and she left the next morning with everything including you. My heart broke, she stole you away from me. I tried to track her down but she left no traces." Jungkook's dad ended with tears.

"I-I'm s-so sorry" Jungkook sobbed into Tae's shoulder.
"Please don't apologise, how were you supposed to know." He sighed.
"I d-dont understand why mum lied" Jungkook sniffed wiping his eyes.
"I'm not sure either, but I'm happy I found you"
"Me too"

"How's life?" Jungkook's dad asked.
"Great! The best ever actually. I've met the love of my life, I have amazing friends. Everything seems to be in place" Jungkook smiled happily looking at his fiancé.

"Awh that's amazing. I'm sorry we haven't properly spoken yet!" Jungkook's dad said looking at Tae reaching his hand out to Tae. Tae took it and shook his hand.
"It's lovely to meet you" Tae smiled.
"How have you been?" Jungkook asked his dad.

"I've been good thank you. I have a wife and a kid! I'm sure they'd love to meet you"
"Oh really. That's great dad, I'm happy you've moved on" Jungkook smiled happily.

"How old is the child?" Jungkook asked.
"She's 4 years old. She's a cute one" He said getting his phone out showing them a picture of the girl and then his wife.
"They're really pretty" Jungkook said looking at the picture.
"You should meet them soon"
"I'd like that"

The three started having a small conversation but it was cut off by Tae's phone ringing.
"Sorry it's probably important. Tae shuffled his way out of the booth and stepped to the side.
"So how did you two meet?" Jungkook's dad asked smirking.
"Ah well, he's my English teacher" Jungkook awkwardly spoke.
"REALLY! Wow would never expected that. You know looks to rich to be a teacher" He gasped.

"Hm he's a part time ceo, used to be full time as well" Jungkook laughed.
"Are you living together?"
"Yeah, ever since mum ran away, he let me live with him, which was a while ago!" Jungkook said taking another sip of his drink.

"He's treating you well,right?"
"More then just well. He's treating me like his princess. He never fails to tell me how much he loves me. He'll hug me whenever he can. He'll force me to sit on his lap all the time. He always kisses me. I couldn't ask for anything better! We've gotten through so many hardships together. He really is amazing" Jungkook rambled on.

"He sounds better than prince charming!"
"He is 100% better then prince charming" Jungkook giggled.
They began talking again and finally Tae came back.
"Hey hyungie, who was that?"

"Hey baby. The company called, saying they need me to sign a load of documents. It won't take long. Do you want to stay here or come with me?" Tae asked softly.
"I'm in no rush so we could stay here till you get back?" Jungkook's dad asked.

"Yeah that would be good. Yeah I'll stay here Taetae" Jungkook beamed.
"Okay baby, don't hesitate to call me if anything happens" Tae pulled the younger into a soft kiss before leaving the cafe.
"Awh you're adorable" Jungkook's dad squealed, fan boying over the couple.