CHAPTER 23 🧚‍♀️

A long, painful journey later, they all made it back to school. Some of them were excited that they were home and some were sad. Jungkook in particular was happy that he was going home. He was excited to rest and try to rest without others being there to disturb him.

The principal had given both Jungkook and Tae, 5 days off, so Jungkook was able to recover emotionally. They all knew it would take a while for Jungkook to heal both physically and mentally, but these next 5 days were for him to process everything and try to get used to state he was in.

Everyone got off the bus, and waited for their parents. Tae noticed in a distance, Mark walking off with his angry looking parents and a stern looking principal. Most of the students had left, meaning Tae and Jungkook were able to leave. He picked up their bags and they headed over to Tae's car.

"You okay sweetie?" Tae asked, looking at the boy who was spacing out a lot.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just looking forward to getting home" Jungkook gave Tae a brief smile.
"Me too bub"

Jungkook got into the car with Tae's help, Tae then got in the car and they drove away.
Once they got home, the couple got out the car and went inside.
Tae had told the staff before hand what had happened to Jungkook, as he didn't want them questioning him as to why he was on crutches and had bruises everywhere.
"Hi guys, you can leave you belongings here I'll wash the clothes which needs to be washed."
"Thank you" Tae smiled.

He placed the bags on the floor and walked over to Jungkook who was trying to work out how to get up the stairs.
"Here" Tae chuckled at the younger's cuteness. He carefully picked up the younger bridal style, making Jungkook quickly wrap his arms around Tae's neck. He carried him to their room and placed him on the bed.

"What do you want for dinner baby boy?" Tae asked sitting on the bed. He placed himself at the top end of the bed, sitting against the head board. Jungkook shuffled back sitting between his legs, leaning back on Tae's chest. Tae wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist holding him close.

"Hm can we have pizza?" Jungkook spoke out.
"Of course we can, I'll message Chef Lee now!"
"Thank you" Tae messaged Chef Lee and placed the phone down. They were comfortable in each other's presence, and Tae decided to take the chance and ask Jungkook what happened.

"Baby, do you want to talk about everything that happened over the week?" Tae asked softly, trying not to force the boy to talk.
Jungkook hummed, knowing it's better to talk now than later.

"well the day we went up the mountain. Because I'm smaller than most of our friends, I was walking quite slowly and I dragged behind. As I was walking, Mark and his friends came over to me, they started teasing me and that. Then he shoved me. That's when I saw namjoon and tried to get it sorted" Jungkook sighed.

"Then when we went shopping, we went to get something to eat. When it was my turn to order the guy kept calling me cutie, and stuff like that. I felt really uncomfortable and he kept talking about how he wanted to hold my butt and that. I felt really disgusting and I didn't understand what he was talking about most of the time! That's why I slept with you that night, I couldn't sleep because that man and his words kept replaying in my mind. It was like I could feel him, yet he never touched me" Jungkook sobbed.

"Shh it's okay, he can't get to you, I promise. I won't let that happen!" Tae placed many kisses on the younger's head.
"T-then yesterday, I was in the maze with the others, I looked away for a few seconds and they were gone. I called out for them but I didn't know which they went. So I walked around a bit and then I noticed Mark and his friends again. He came up to me and kept calling me slut.
He was saying that he was jealous of me and my perfect life and how he didn't want me to have a life anymore. He punched me over and over again, but I couldn't move because the other two held onto my arms"

"He kept punching and kicking me. He kicked my leg so hard, it was so painful, I wanted to scream my lungs out. He t-then started to choke me. His friends told him to stop as they only thought they were going to scare me. But he said he wasn't joking and kept choking me. I felt myself slowly give up and he let go. He threw me to the floor and the next thing I know I backed out. It was terrifying, I honestly thought he was going to kill me" Jungkook finished with tears rolling down his face. He realised that the week which was supposed to be amazing and have fun will haunt him till the day he dies.

"Baby, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. He's a fucking psycho, picking on someone for a laugh. It's really not fair, but you're so brave. I'm so proud of you, you're so brave. I'll always be here for you, I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. But from now on I'll be there for you. I've been thinking, how would you feel if I said that we show ourselves as a couple in front of everyone. I want people to know that you're mine and not to mess with you"

"Please don't blame yourself Hyungie, it's not your fault! But I'd like that, I think I'm ready to show out relationship to everyone. If people don't accept it, I don't mind because I love you" Jungkook sobbed.
"I love you so so much baby" Tae sighed nuzzling his face into the boys head.
"Thank you for everything Tae, I don't know where I would be without you. You're my saviour"