Chapter 11

I groaned, lifting a hand up to my slightly throbbing head. I sat up and groaned slightly, rubbing my eyes. Realization hit me and I suddenly started to scour my body for any signs of the injuries I had obtained during the fight. When I couldn't find any of them, I sighed and ran a hand through my messy, white hair. I pushed myself to the edge of the bed and slid my legs over the side, "I'm surprised I'm not dead... again."
A scraping sounded from behind me and then I was suddenly yanked back into someone's chest.
I choked slightly and turned my head quickly, my eyes landing on familiar bluish green hair. Shion sniffled, and snot started to run from her nose as giant tears began falling from her eyes. I pried myself out of her grasp and turned, crawling towards her so that I wasn't uncomfortable. I breathed out a slight laugh and wrapped my arms around her tightly, using one hand to push her head into my shoulder. "Why are you crying, snake?"
The girl sniffled louder and her arms wrapped around me, squeezing tightly. A few quiet, muffled words leave her mouth but I can't make them out. I rub her back and roll my eyes, "I can't here you."
She pulls her head out of the crook of my neck and her voice is whiny and sob filled, "You could have died! Kotori, you almost did die!!"
My eyes widened as I stared at her, realization dawning on me. She had already been through this once, and here I was putting her through this for a second time. I pulled away from her completely and rubbed my face with my hands, "Sorry..."
Shion's head whipped up at me with a wide eyed gaze, "Wait... what?"
I narrowed my eyes and looked away, a slight pink dusting my cheeks.
"I'm not repeating myself."
She laughed slightly, a few tears still falling from her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak, but a loud rumbling from outside the room caused us both to shoot up with wide eyes. I slid off the bed and Shion got up from the chair she had been in, "What the..."
A sudden crash immediately put me on high alert and made me quickly move towards the door. I turned back to Shion, holding a finger to my lips. She nodded, quietly tiptoeing towards me. I breathed out and turned the knob, pulling the door quietly. I motioned for Shion to come with me and then the both of us moved as quickly and silently as possible. Voices came from the offices up ahead, one in particular making my skin crawl.
"We will finish our business very soon."
Lizard...
I picked up the pace and moved faster, gunshots suddenly ringing out. My breath caught in my throat and I ran, Shion's footsteps close behind.
We ran in through the now broken door and stopped. Mafia members were inside the agency and attacking the ADA. My eyes flickered around the room frantically, trying make sure everyone was alive. When that was confirmed, I ran towards Dr. Yozano who had been backed against a wall. I dropped behind two of them, sweeping my leg out and knocking their feet out from under them. Once they were down and dazed, I grabbed their heads and slammed them together, successfully knocking them out. I rolled to the side and then pushed myself up onto my feet, my eyes narrowing in on the Black Lizard.
Kunikida was trying to avoid him as well as a small group of four goons. Moving quickly, I avoided things and people being thrown. I activated my ability, my body glowing violet. My body changed into it's fox form, my large body bumping into desks and other items that were strewn around. I growled lowly, crouching so I could pounce. I jumped, my paws crashing into the Lizard's back, both of us landing on the floor below. The man rolled beneath me, his eyes going wide with shock when he saw me.
I changed back, the same purple glow encasing my body. Grinning viciously I leaned in close, "Hey, Hirotsu. Long time no see."
The male struggled, but my grip on him only tightened.
"You died." His voice was quiet, yet held an angry tone.
I flashed my fangs, "Exactly. I was indeed, dead. However, things change."
He suddenly shoved me off and I landed on my ass with a thud.
"Not coming back from the dead."
I snorted, laughter bubbling up in my throat, "How would you know?"
The Lizard sat up, preparing to use his ability. My ears flattened and I quickly shot my foot into his face, feeling his nose break beneath my heel. This did cause me to laugh, but it made Hirotsu furious. I grabbed his shirt collar with my left hand, jerking him towards me and punching him square in the head. He slumped, falling unconscious and making me laugh loudly.
I crawled off the floor and stood, straightening out the clothes I had on. Everyone in the room had already knocked the other Mafia members, causing my face to flicker with slight disbelief. I had never seen anyone be able to beat the Mafia, so this was a nice change. Kunikida was watching me, curiosity in his eyes. I met his gaze and then looked away, "What, Angry Glasses?"
My voice was quiet.
He adjusted his glasses and frowned slightly, "Thank you. You helped me out there."
I nodded, not responding verbally. My eyes landed on Kenji, Shion, and Dr. Yozano dragging the unconscious mafia members towards the windows, Kenji tossing them out. Suddenly the door burst open, Atsushi running inside, "Stop it!!"
He froze, confusion filling his face.
"Oh, you're back." Kunikida was twisting one of the mafia members' arms behind his back after he decided to get up and try attacking him again. I grunted and popped my back, "Dude, where the hell have you been?"
Kunikida's eyebrow twitched, "Who would disappear without a word like you!? You see what a mess you've left us with!?"
His grip on the man's arm beneath him tightened, a sickening crack sounding. I blink in confusion, "Wait... he left?" My gaze shot to Atsushi, "You left?!"
The boy's eyes widened and he gulped, "I uhmm... I thought..."
I shook my head, "We'll talk about this later. For now we need to deal with this..." I waved my hands at all of the unconscious mafia members spread around the room. I stepped towards Kenji and the others, "Alright, let's get to it. We need to get these guys out before they wake up."
Kenji grinned at me as I approached, "You took down that Lizard guy pretty fast. I'm impressed."
I laughed, "I guess you could say I have a pretty heavy grudge against him... he's a pretty big dick."
I grabbed one of the mafia goons, hauling his body up and then throw it out the window. Kenji high-fived me and then tossed another body out the window. We spent the next little while talking as we tossed the unconscious people out the windows. Kunikida severely lecturing my brother in the background.