Chapter 21

The Port Mafia headquarters was bustling as usual, a specific red headed shorty just walking in the door. Not many people paid him much attention as he scoured the entryway for a certain black haired girl. He grew agitated the longer he looked and still couldn't find her. Mori had most likely sent her out without him, probably in some attempt to keep her from standing and just waiting on him to get back. If he had, Chuuya was going to kill him.
If he hadn't, then maybe she was in her room or she had just gone to see a friend or something.
He stormed towards the elevators preparing to go barge into Mori's office and demand where Kotori was, when someone placed a hand on his arm.
He looked up and found Dazai watching him cautiously.
"She's not here, Chuuya. Mori sent her out on a job by herself. I've already been up there so there's no point in going up. You'll only add insult to injury at this point."
Chuuya dropped his stiff posture and turned fully towards Dazai, "I'm going to find her then. You can go run to Mori like the little lap dog you are but I need to find her."
Both boy's stood silently, glaring at each other. Dazai suddenly smiled and patted Chuuya's shoulder, "Of course I'm coming with you. After all, what kind of friend would I be if I didn't?"
The redhead raised a brow but didn't question the suicidal male's response, instead choosing to turn and head towards the door, ready to search for Kotori.

———————Kotori——————
I crept around through the building, trying to quietly make my way by the armed guards in the adjacent hallway. He had sent me here to find... something. I wasn't sure what. I was however, pissed off at Mori. I wanted to stay back at headquarters to wait on Chuuya, but Mori was too much of a dick to let me do so.
My feet made no sound as I moved as quickly as possible. My heart was pounding in my chest as I searched the hallway for some air vent or even some other way in the other hall without using my ability.
Noises from a door further away caught my attention and made me move faster in its direction. I moved to lay my hand on the knob but a crash from behind me caused me to jolt harshly. My heart thundered in my chest, panic filling my entire body. The door in front of me swung wide open, guards coming face to face with me. One of them reacted quicker than the others and swung his semi-automatic rifle around in my face. I extended my claws and swiped them across his gut, a snarl leaving my throat. The shock of having his stomach ripped open caused the man to drop his weapon and fall to the ground. The men behind him lifted their weapons as soon as they saw their comrade collapse but they were suddenly thrown back into the room, the door slamming behind them. I spun on my heel, my eyes meeting Chuuya's cold glare.
My eyes widened and I gaped, "Wha... why are you here!?"
Chuuya offered a small grin, "I was worried."
Dazai came around the corner, waving his hands at me excitedly in greeting. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the red head, "Chuuya, if Mori finds out you interfered on a solo job, he's gonna he angry."
Chuuya pressed his hands to his cheeks and made pouty lips, "Oops. Looks like I was a bad boy!"
My face turned red just the slightest before I burst out laughing. Chuuya stared with wide eyes and Dazai just shook his head. My laughter echoed off the walls around us and when I caught a breath I spoke. "I would have expected something like that from Dazai, but definitely not from you!"
This time Chuuya's face turned red and he looked down at his feet, "Shut up... look, I was really worried alright?"
I reached my left hand up and rubbed his cheek, the smallest smile crossing my lips. Chuuya didn't like when Mori sent me off by myself, so I couldn't get mad at him for showing up. Dazai on the other hand... I wasn't sure why he was here. A noise from behind the door caught my attention and I shoved Chuuya down, grabbed Dazai and jerking him towards the floor as well. I dropped low about the time a barrage of bullets came flying through the door, tearing multiple holes in it.
Breathing out, I murmured.
"That could have been so bad."
The boys nodded in agreement before the three of us stood up once more. "Let's just find whatever it is Mori wants and then get out of here."
I stepped forward, "Legend of the Kitsune: Fox Fire!!"
My hands lit up with Violet flames and I cast my hand towards the door. The flames shot from my hand and spiraled towards the door, blasting through it and into the room. Screams escaped the room as my flames began to consume everything inside, almost like some blood thirsty monster. As soon as the flames dissipated, I entered the room and ignored all of the charred corpses in my way.
A lot of times when I went on a job like this against some enemy organization... I didn't hold back. A few names and rumors went around the criminal underworld about the 'Mafia's Monster Fox' or the 'Shadow Beast'. There were a few other names that I had been given over the years but those two were the most popular. Anybody with any sort of know in the underworld knew who I was and what I was capable of, so nobody ever crossed me. That made my job easier.
A groan caught my attention from behind a door that was in this room. An aggravated huff left my mouth as I made my way towards the door, wishing to be done with this stupid task. I reached the door and threw it open, coming face to face with Kajii and Q.
I raised a brow and tilted my head to the side, staring at the small toddler and Kajii, "What in the holy hell...?"
Kajii scratched the back of his neck nervously and looked at the ground, "We uh... kinda had to call you in as back up. Sorry..."
I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes, "Alright fine, let's go."
I spun on my heel, grabbing Chuuya's hand and leaving the room. I wanted to get back so I could just spend my time with Chuuya and maybe even Dazai.
Glancing behind me, I noticed Dazai and Kajii talking and little Q standing quietly and waiting. I stopped and let go of Chuuya's hand, squatting down. "Hey Q~ You want sister Kotori to carry you home?"
The child's gaze went from the two males conversing to me, and they quickly ran towards me with their arms out. I grabbed Q up into my arms and spun them around, causing a small giggle to escape them. I turned around once again and Chuuya took my hand back. I grinned widely at him and we began walking away again. I glanced back one final time, "Come on you two! Let's go home already!!"
The sound of footsteps reached my ears and I smiled, We're like some weird disfunctional family...