Part 12- Catching Feelings

Asiyah's POV.

No matter what happens, I'm never talking to Azaan again.

He's mean and he has no heart.

I hate him and I don't want to see his face.

Today, I'm meeting my family again.

I really needed to see them after what happened and they're finally coming.

I was waiting outside for them impatiently when a car arrived and stopped.

I was expecting ammi and my brother to be here but only Abbu came out of the car.

"what about the others?" I ask him.

"they can't come" he simply said.

"Abbu..." how to tell him what happened to me?

I'm scared he gets mad.

"I-"

"what do you need me for?" he asks cutting me off.

"I.. I want to talk about something really important" I said.

"what is it Asiyah make it quick" he said.

"are you in a hurry?" I ask.

"I remember telling you to behave yourself didn't I?"

"yes but -"

"you kept calling me for days and now Sultan calls me to say that you need me... Don't you understand? We can't create more problems then we already have?"

"what do you mean Abbu?" I'm so confused.

"they took you now.. Who's next? Your brother? I can't let them take my son as well.. I don't want my family to be a part of these people"

"am I not your family?" I ask.

"that's not what I meant...listen Asiyah it's complicated I-

" I didn't ask you to come here to take me away or throw a tantrum... I asked you here because something happened to me and I felt like I need my family the most right now...and this is what I get..?" I feel like my heart is about to break into pieces.

"okay what is it? Tell me" he said.

"but wait! Don't you even want to bring me with you when you see me?" I ask.

"Asiyah that's not the point!"

"then what is the point Abbu?! Don't you feel terrible knowing that your daughter is stuck in a place living under a roof with multiple man all around?! Knowing that I'm all alone here and that I'm being detached from my family and friends?!" I was letting out tears while pouring my heart out.

" Asiyah.. "he stepped forward but I moved back.

" how could you feel good and okay knowing all of that Abbu? " I said.

We both looked at each other hiding a certain feeling in our eyes.

He wasn't saying anything and I stopped talking for a second because my tears wouldn't stop and I was having a hard time controlling them.

" I need to go"he said turning around.

He's just going to leave like that?.. Without saying anything?

Before he could leave I said what I had to say.

" your daughter almost got raped" I said that hoping that he would turn around and hug me and tell me that everything was fine.

"I know... Sultan told me.. you shouldn't have ran away, do me a favor and just do as they say from now on and don't make things difficult for all of us" he said that and then got into the car and drove away.