一 - 𝓕𝓾𝔃𝔃𝔂 𝓟𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮

The final trickles of sunlight danced behind the distant trees of the horizon as the young mother smiled at her perfect boy. He was pinching the grass between his fingers as the shadows from the garden wall began to set upon his inquisitive expression, shading his eyes from her view. She knew that he was an incredible, intelligent boy; it was a shame that his classmates didn't follow her understanding.

She had arrived home five minutes ago after dragging her way through a meeting with her special boy's headmaster. He was incompetent at his job; unable to protect a seven-year-old child from his peers due to his unique personality. They discussed how they would move forwards because in recent weeks young Philip had spent more hours in the school day weeping than being educated, so his attendance was futile.

Katherine had considered transferring him to another school, but he'd already moved once this year and it was beginning to become apparent that no matter where her free-spirited son attended, other children wouldn't appreciate his brilliant mind in the same way that she did. His imagination was beyond creative and his demeanor was ignited with joy.

She felt hands fall against her hips as a chin rested into her neck, breathing besides the skin on her cheek. Katherine sighed, keeping her eyes on her child, "I don't know what we're going to do, Nigel. I can't keep sending him to that place, it will destroy him." a trail of water slipped down the side of her eye as her breaths continued in a steady rhythm. Her husband didn't speak, instead he waited patiently for her to gather her thoughts and display them to him. She did, after a while, turning to him and falling against his blue eyes, "Should I homeschool him? I know I was against it a few years ago, but in Phil's situation I don't know what else would work. He's happy here, unlike anywhere else. Hopefully he can return to school in a few years once this attitude has subsided. Martyn's done so well in the same schools as him. I wish I knew what it was about Phil that made him so different." although a frown was pressed against the corners of her lips as Phil's mother only knew children grew worse as they aged.

Katherine noticed that her husband's eyes weren't focused on her own, instead imprinted against their child as he gabbled into thin air. She chuckled slightly, "Who do you think he's talking to?"

Nigel hummed, removing himself from his wife as he put the kettle on, "Probably a Pokémon. He's been watching endless hours of that show recently." he poured the boiled water into two mugs as Katherine opened the door to the back garden.

She called our to her child, "Phil! Do you want to come inside? It's time to get ready for bed, Sweety." Phil's eyes darted excitedly towards her.

He had stayed at home today after encountering two older children from his school the day before, returning home with a dash of bruises against his upper eyes that no teacher could explain. He had no word apart from his own; it was fortunate his mother would always believe him.

Phil ran into the garden after dinner, enjoying the last wisps of sun against his small frame as he absorbed his surroundings, picking up snails and holding them on his hands. He always loved animals, no matter how big nor small, and his young mind hoped to be a vet one day.

"What are you looking at?" a small voice asked from behind with a gleeful tone.

"A snail." Phil truthfully responded, turning on the spot with his feet crossed over each other, hoping to catch a glimpse of this one. The other child was perched against the grass on his knees, his curly brown hair falling matted over his bright eyes as his expression remained fixed on the insect. Phil stared at the boy, watching how his outline flickered and how he could still see the rays of sun from behind him, even though his body stood in front of them. They both smiled, "What's your name?" Phil asked. Sometimes the Fuzzy People would be gone in a moment, other times they would stay around until Phil had to leave himself, never to return to them. All Phil understood is that most children didn't see the Fuzzy People, and those that could would try to hide it. But why, when they're fun to talk to?