十五 - 𝓒𝓪𝓶𝓫𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓰𝓮

Phil opened the door to his older brother standing in their front garden with his arms extended, a suitcase positioned beside him. It was early afternoon, so the sun was shining brightly above the three of them, Dan standing just behind Phil in the hallway, even though Martyn didn't know that yet, "Hey Phil!" he laughed, embracing his younger brother.

"You alright?" Phil asked, "Good journey?"

"Yeah, of course." Martyn nodded. He'd spent the last two hours travelling back from university after graduating a few weeks before, although he wasn't staying long as he was moving into a shared house with some of his university friends. Phil was going to make the most out of the weekend. Martyn let go of him, "How are you?"

Phil pursed his lips and nodded. His relationship with Dan was still tearing the family apart and Katherine grew more concerned by the day, but he was alright himself because he had the brown-haired spirit beside him, "I'm alright."

"Is...Dan here?" Martyn looked behind Phil.

"Yeah, just there." Phil gestured towards a nervously waving Dan, standing with his limbs rigidly held into his body.

"Hey, Dan." Martyn waved towards the air.

"Hi." the spirit replied.

"He said 'hi'." Phil repeated. The eldest boy nodded, picking up his suitcase and following the others into the house.

"Where's Mum and Dad?" Martyn asked.

"Mum should be upstairs and Dad's out at the shops." Phil sighed, shrugging with his hands in his skinny jeans' pockets.

"And how's school going?"

"Good! Just nervously waiting on my GCSE results."

"You'll have done awesomely." Martyn smiled, "Surely you could have taken Dan as well and just had him standing behind you giving you answers?"

Dan and Phil laughed, "Good luck trying to get him to go to school when he doesn't have to." Phil giggled, ignoring the fact it wouldn't have been physically possible, but not even his older brother was going to find that out.

"I don't blame him." Martyn admitted, kicking his shoes off and throwing himself onto the sofa. He held the remote in his hand, but ended up tossing it to the side and sitting up again, "So...how's it going with you and Dan?"

"Bloody hell, Martyn!" Phil cackled.

"What?!" he defensively shouted, "I'm allowed to be intrigued!" he furrowed his eyebrows, "You're...with Dan aren't you? Like, he's your-"

"Boyfriend, yeah." Phil was listening to Dan chuckle beside him, the sound of his laughter spreading a smile against Phil.

"So...are you gay?" Martyn puzzled.

Phil sniffled in amusement, nodding his head, "I think Dan would hope so."

There was silence for a second before Dan asked, "Wait, you are, aren't you?"

Phil turned to Dan, who was sat on the coffee table, "Yes Dan, I'm gay. I'm your fucking boyfriend." he shook his head at the spirit as his brother choked up in laughter, "So. Martyn, what about you?"

"Am I gay?"

"I meant 'are you with anyone' but that too, I guess."

"Single and I don't think so." he shrugged, smiling at his younger brother, "How are things with Mum? You've been with Dan for how long, now?"

"Realistically, just over a year. Officially? Christmas. It's a long story." he sighed, "And honestly it's getting worse. She's been getting me to see a therapist regularly, but he doesn't seem fazed by the spirit situation. She wants me back on medication."