十六 - 𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼

The next morning the two sixteen-year-olds woke up resting against each other, with their arms through the other's body and sly grins against their faces. Phil rolled onto his back, the buzz of his skin where they touched slowly fading away until he sat up, pressing his lips against Dan's and receiving the same shocks all over again.

"Bloody hell." Dan whispered between them, "It feels like I'm getting pins and needles." he was right, the energy vibrations were particularly unforgiving.

Phil smiled at him, turning to the sun peering through the window, "What do you want to do today?"

"You." Dan yawned. Phil coughed up a laugh, shaking his head. Dan giggled, "Sorry, I had to."

"Idiot."

"Yep. In all seriousness, do you want to write more for the blog?"

"About us being together?" Phil questioned. The spirit nodded, "Okay, I'd like that." Phil agreed. They sat together on their laptop, planning the post where they'd explain their dynamics. It wasn't going to be anything complicated, and it certainly wasn't going to go into detail. It was just enough to test the waters and see how the world would react.

While they were there, Phil responded to the email from Liguori, informing him that he'd be extremely pleased to take part in the studies. Dan eagerly reading his reply over his shoulder, agreeing with every word he wrote.

The two boys closed the laptop and rested against their headboard, Phil's stomach rumbling inside him, "I'm going to get some lunch, I'll be back in a moment." he smiled, Dan nodded in return, watching his boyfriend head out of their room.

As Phil entered the kitchen, he caught his mother fetching bags out of a drawer with her keys in her hand, she turned, surprised to see her son, "Oh, hey. Your dad and I are heading to town now and then are going to go on for lunch. We'll be back later." she sighed.

"Okay." Phil stated, setting the bread onto the counter and throwing slices of ham between the buttered bread, "See you soon." he quietly spoke. Katherine left the house with Nigel cheerfully waving to Phil, who bid his farewells as he passed him, carrying the sandwich up to his room and taking his place back beside Dan, "The house is ours."

"What about your brother?" Dan pointed out.

Phil shook his head, "His car isn't out the front." he stated, biting into his lunch.

"Want to just stay in here and watch our TV instead?" Dan asked. They had a television installed for Phil's fifteenth, his parents gladly storing him in his room for even longer during the day.

The black-haired boy chuckled, nodding, "Sounds good." he pressed his thumb against the remote and let it run on the cartoon series it fell onto. Dan danced his fingers over Phil's fringe, admiring the way he could move the strands under his command, the both of them chuckling at the amusement it caused the spirit. They were both mentally sixteen, strictly Dan was much older than that, although his brain hadn't progressed in the years without Phil. Yet despite this, there were times they didn't feel as though they were only a couple of years away from adulthood; they were still young children, giggling at simple things and finding endless joy in the company of the other.

"I love you." Dan whispered into the messed-up strands of Phil's dark fringe, "Everything about you. I don't remember much before you, even the life when I was alive, it's as though the moment you came into my life I didn't need the rest as it was irrelevant. You're my universe, Phil Lester, and I'm sorry I can't play with your hair like this every day of the week." he chuckled, a lost glimmer in the corner of his eyes.

"I don't need you to be here with me constantly." he whispered, "Not physically. I don't think you realise how much you light up a room you're in, even if you're presence is no more than energy in the atmosphere."