十一 - 𝓑𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓖𝓲𝓯𝓽

"Phil...No! Phil...left. I said LEFT!" Dan watched begrudgingly as his blindfolded friend continued to swerve right off of a mountain in their video game, "You're fucking useless." he sighed playfully, shaking his head as he watched Phil puzzlingly remove the cloth from his face.

"You said left!" he squealed, throwing the fabric to his side along with the remote controller.

"You were turning right!" Dan screamed back with a broad smile showing his teeth. He groaned again, shaking his head as he sat backwards on the bed.

Phil took a breath in, turning off the television positioned in their bedroom and putting the controller away. Dan might not have been able to control the game himself, but he found it as equally amusing to scream at his blinded best friend while he flailed hopelessly around. It was through learning they could game like this that they pondered over using their ability to demonstrate Dan's existence to Katherine, but they knew that if she was going to truly accept the spirit, she would have done so already, instead of sending glares to her son whenever he mistakingly talked into the air.

Phil took a moment as his heartbeat slowed again, turning to Dan with his sweaty palms dragging against his pyjama bottoms, "Are you sure this is all you want? It's your birthday, Dan. I want to make it more special than this."

"Go bake yourself a cake and eat it on my behalf or something," he retorted, rolling his eyes when he saw Phil's annoyed expression, "Look, there's not much you can do, or more so that I can do. This is all I want Phil: just you." he grinned, resting his elbows on his lap as he leant forwards.

"Fine," Phil gave in, "But there must be something physical you want, that doesn't need interacting with. A cool light? A new book? You can blow the pages over like you normally do."

Dan sighed, shaking his head albeit in defeat, "There's..." the words left his tongue as a thought stirred in his mind. A smirk swept against his lips before he hastily brushed it away and chuckled to himself.

"What is it?!" Phil pounced on the opportunity to gift his friend.

Dan's eyebrows raised against his forehead as his cheeks began to burn red, "No, it was just a joke-"

"Dan." Phil pushed, "Whatever it is. Whatever. What you say, you will have."

Dan's eyes farther widened, his head shaking, "You might not be saying that if you knew."

Phil groaned, falling onto his back, "I want to get you something! What is it?" he sat up again, crossing his legs and leaning as close to the spirit as he could, "Tell me."

He watched Dan's throat swallow before the smirk returned, the request soon following, "Get a double bed." Phil was forced to take a moment as his brain caught up, a delay between hearing what Dan wanted and the practicalities of it. His mouth shot apart in shock. His eyes turned into Dan's again, searching for any sign of fibage while he was still unsure if he wanted it to be a joke himself, although Dan held a forceful glare with the cocky smile still pressed against his lip.

Phil nodded, coughing as he pulled himself backwards, "Sure." he continued to sway his head, desperately trying to diminish the tension and reclaim the easiness he had only a few seconds ago, "If that's what you want." he shrugged, although his skin was burning up from underneath his hairs.

"I do." Dan was enjoying watching him squirm.

"Okay."

"Okay." Dan repeated, his hands shaking against him.

"I'll ask my dad to take me to the store later so I can by us a double bed." Phil confirmed, not tearing his eyes away from Dan.

"Good."