三十六 - 𝓖𝓪𝓽𝓮𝔀𝓪𝔂

The brown curly-haired boy had his face pressed into a pillow in an apartment on the outskirts of Manchester. He moved into the city after he graduated to continue his studies, finding interviewing people and gathering information more appealing than the actual science behind the supernatural.

He groaned, his phone chiming on his bedside table as he noticed it wasn't his alarm sound. He picked the device up, sleepily reading the name on the screen. He furrowed his eyebrows, pressing the mobile to his ear, "Phil?" he asked.

"Is this PJ?" Martyn asked, smiling as an anxious Dan stood less than a meter away.

"Uh...yeah? Who's thi-?"

"I'm Martyn, Phil's older brother. He's overdosed and I have Dan here and...and can you get round here?" he begged.

PJ contorted his features, blinking as he turned his light on and threw clothes onto his bed, "Of course. Same address? I'll be over as quickly as possible."

"Yeah, same place." he paused before muttering, "Thank you."

***

He pulled up outside the Lesters' home, the rain violently falling around him as the ice of the air damn near turned it into ice. He shivered, knocking on the door for it to open immediately, Martyn appearing exhausted with Dan barely looking alive behind him.

He noticed how faded the spirit looked, the outlines of his body barely visible and his facial features indefinable, "Oh my God, Dan..." he muttered, "What's going on?" he asked the both of them, letting them lead him into the living room.

"I'll...let Dan speak, I guess." Martyn shrugged, sighing as he slouched into the sofa.

The spirit looked hesitant, but PJ smiled at him as he shuffled forwards beside Martyn, "I wasn't around for a month, but then I was back and I was panicked and then I realised Phil had overdosed and I tried, I tried to tell the others but..."

"Dan." PJ spoke firmly, "You did what you could."

"And...and I tried feeding him my energy so he survived..."

"Fucking hell Dan, that's why you look so shit?"

"Probably..."

Martyn stared widely at PJ, "Why? What's going on?"

"You better thank Phil's boyfriend as he damn saved his life, even if he's killed himself for it."

"Dan?" Martyn whispered, "How? How did he come back?"

"He fed Phil his energy. Dan, why did you come back?"

"I don't know...I just did?" he whispered solemnly, looking down at the patch of carpet between his feet.

Martyn's phone rang in his pocket, so he shoved his hand to grab it, placing it to his ear as breath rippled away from his lips, "Mum?"

Dan sucked in a breath as a cry escaped his lips.

The older brother nodded, "I'm on my way." he hung up, moving the words between his tongue in his mouth before he quietly muttered, "They've got the drugs out of him but they're trying to keep his organs stable and his liver from failing." he shrugged, "PJ?"

"Mm?" the boy replied.

"Can I grab your number so I can keep updating you?"

Liguori hummed, nodding, "Sure...here," he held out his mobile to Martyn, "Are you going to explain what's going on to your parents?"

Martyn shrugged, "I'll see if it's appropriate to bring up."

"Thank you." Dan whispered, his voice barren from upbeat.