four: "video chat strip dance?"

Normal: Kat Torres
Bold: Easton Adley

~

"Okay, so let's play a game."

"Strip dance."

"What? No. Why would you suggest that? Why would you suggest that so FAST?"

"Dunno, it's just my immediate response to everything."

"We're on the phone, how would we even...?"

"Video chat strip dance?"

"Just stop talking."

"Okay."

"So anyway, I was thinking a game more along the lines of 20 questions."

"That's so basic, Katherine Torres."

"That's not my name."

"Katarina?"

"Nope."

"Katlynn?"

"Not even close. Give up, Easton, you'll never guess it. It's Russian."

"GASP. You're RUSSIAN? You're the enemy!"

"Slow down there, Adley. I'M not Russian. My name is. It's Katia."

"That's a nice name. I approve."

"Thanks for approving the name I've lived with for eighteen years, it really means a lot."

"No need for the sarcasm, Katia Torres. So about this game of 20 questions, aka the most basic game in the history of games."

"It's not basic! I just thought that if we were going to be friends, we should know basic things about each other. For example, when's your birthday?"

"December fourteen. Okay, I'll play. What's your full name?"

"Katia Jessamine Torres. What college do you go to?"

"UCLA for mechanical engineering. Bam, I just answered two questions."

"Haha, funny."

"No need for the praise, my dear Kat. Are you in college yet and if so where?"

"Now you're just leeching off of my questions. I am in college at NYU. Hey, don't you live in New York?"

"Yeah, actually. That's actually really weird — I live in New York but go to school in LA, and you're in New York for college."

"Not to make this weirder, but I actually live in California."

"You're kidding."

"Nope. Not LA, so it's less strange. My mom's place is in Pasadena."

"Actually?"

"One hundred percent."

"This is like, fate."

"What now? Don't tell me you're a horoscope kind of guy."

"What? No, but for the record, I'm totally a Sagittarius."

"Pisces."

"Nice. Anyway I was saying that it's fate that we met — well, over the phone — because how weird is it that I live where you go to school and vice versa for you? That can't be a coincidence, it's too weird."

"Or it's just totally random and there's no such thing as fate or destiny or anything like that."

"You are not a believer, Katia."

"And you said you weren't a horoscope type of person."

"I'm not, I'm just saying.

"Whatever. Listen, I gotta go. Talk later?"

"Yeah sure. Bye."