fifteen: "itsanairportdate"

Normal: Kat Torres
Bold: Easton Adley

~

"In conclusion, I'm sorry I snapped at you yesterday."

    "You know I would have been okay with a simple 'sorry.' Was this whole speech thing rehearsed?"

    "Very much so."

    "You're actually so cute right now."

    "Oh. Wow. Uh, thank you, I think."

    "Anyway, I owe you an apology too. I shouldn't have pushed. It's clear you and your step-sister don't get along."

    "No, you were right. She is still my sister, and I should make sure she's okay. It's just that she gets under my skin so badly."

    "I might be pushing my luck here, but did you talk to her?"

    "Um, I attempted to. She didn't yell at me which is a plus, but she just told me to get out from under her ass. So I'm probably not trying the whole 'talking' thing again for a couple of days."

    "Understandable."

    "Okay, so listen. I was talking to Phoebe, and she suggested something that could work, if you're into it."

    "Even though I have only talked to this Phoebe a couple times, I already know this is going to be a great idea."

    "I will definitely tell her you said that."

    "So what is it?"

    "Itsanairportdate."

    "It's what?"

    "Anairportdate."

    "Dude, talk slower. It's seashore bait? What the hell is seashore bait?"

"It's an AIRPORT DATE."

"Date? Airport? Date?"

"Phoebe's words. I'm just thinking it's a chance for us to finally, you know, meet."

"I'm listening."

"So basically there's six hours between our flights, which means we'll be at the airport at the same time for at least a couple hours. I estimate maybe three or four hours. So if we arrange a spot — most likely at the check in desk — to meet, now that we know what each other looks like, we would have about four hours together. Or two hundred and forty minutes. Or fourteen thousand four hundred seconds."

"Oh damn, I love it when you're nerdy. Talk mathy to me."

"Oh shut up."

"In any case, I like that plan."

"You do? You don't have to, you know."

"Why would I give up a chance to see your beautiful face up close and personal?"

"Oh, um, haha. Okay."

"Like I said, you're cute."

"Oh stop, you're making me blush."

"Ha, I wish."