sixteen: "i don't live here, you know"

Normal: Kat Torres
Bold: Easton Adley

Italics: Corbin Hendricks

~

Today 4:02 pm

slight plot twist

    Oh no

Is everything okay?

yeah everything is fine

you remember i talked about my friend corbin

    Yeah

he's actually in NY rn

our flights are the same

don't worry he won't bother us

he'll just sit in the waiting area

It's cool

Dw about it

whew

okay

did you land yet?

Yep

Getting my suitcase rn

awesome

the taxi just dropped us off

see you in front of the starbucks?

4 pm sharp

can't wait

He walks so fast that Corbin has to run to catch up. His eyes are darting around, searching for a girl with chocolate coloured hair and bright green eyes. When he gets to the check in area, he stops and waits for Corbin.

    "Jesus. This girl better be worth all this."

    "She is. She definitely is."

    "Aight, cool. Well I'll just wait here while y'all have your date."

    Easton doesn't correct him; he keeps his eyes locked on the Starbucks across the aisle. He checks his watch. It's five minutes until four pm. He shuffles his feet, wringing his hands.

    "Dude, relax. Just chill out, okay? It's gonna be fine."

    "Yeah. Do you see her?"

    "She's probably just having trouble with her luggage."

    "Yeah. Probably."

    "Wait, is that her? Chick with the firetruck red jacket."

    Easton's eyes widen as he follows where Corbin was pointing. The girl has her hood up, but he can see dark brown hair from underneath. He starts forwards, his steps jerky and nervous. The girl stops outside of Starbucks and sits at a table by herself. She checks her phone.

    Easton gets closer and closer, until he's only a few feet away from her. Then she drops her hood...

    And he stops. The girl has dark brown hair, but that's where the similarities between her and Kat end. Easton sighs in disappointment and begins to turn away. Then he hears his name.

    "Easton?"

__

The luggage carrier takes so long, Kat thinks that Easton would have already boarded his plane by the time she gets to the Starbucks meeting point.