nine: "this is one hell of a present"

Normal: Kat Torres
Bold: Easton Adley

~

"Well? Did you see me at the airport?"

"I wish I could say yes, but I did not."

"Yeah, I didn't think so. I was checking the arrival flights and the soonest one was fifteen minutes after we were supposed to take off."

"Let's not dwell on that though. I have a Christmas present for you."

"You do?"

"I do. Can you please check your text messages in approximately two minutes?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I can totally do that."

"I'm going to hang up now, but don't be alarmed. Remember – two minutes."

She glances over her shoulder to make sure no one is sneaking up on her. For some reason she wants to be alone when she gets Easton's message. She's oddly nervous, even though she's never been nervous talking to him before. Maybe it's because it's Christmas.

          When her phone chirps, she nearly jumps out of her skin. Easton had sent her a picture, with the caption sorry it took so long. Her face breaks into a wide smile when she opens it.

          The face staring back at her is blonde and short-haired, and grinning widely. He has dark indigo eyes that have flecks of gold in them, and crinkles at the corners. He has a layer of stubble on his jaw and cheeks, but it makes him look handsome and rugged.

          She doesn't want to look away. This, this gorgeous boy on her phone screen, this is who she's been talking to for the past three months. This is who she knows she is falling for.

          She's shaking from happiness so hard that she can barely type out the words she wants to tell him and hit send.

Today 3:09 pm

This is one hell of a present.