eighteen: "nah, it tastes like butt"

Bold: Easton Adley
Italics: Corbin Hendricks

~

"What did you think of Kat?"

"For the five seconds I talked to her for? She's nice. Cute."

"Cute?"

"Yeah. Like an innocent, childlike kind of cute."

"So the opposite of Gen."

"Do not tell Genevieve I said this but yes. Kat is the opposite of her."

"I think they'd like each other though."

"Kat and Gen? Yeah, they would either be best friends or mortal enemies."

"Let's go with best friends."

"When are you gonna see her again?"

"Hopefully spring break. I was thinking... I wanted her to come for the track meet in March but if she's flying down two weeks later, it doesn't really make any sense."

"Love doesn't always make sense."

"Yeah, alright, Dr. Phil."

"Hey, that man is a genius! There was this one story with his girl who got hyped on heroin and crashed her mom's car into the police station. It was wild, man."

"Okay, let's change the subject. How're things with you and Gen? Haven't heard from her in a while."

"Ah, man they're good. She's all the way in North Carolina though, visiting her grandparents. She doesn't know when she's coming back — apparently her grandfather is sick."

"That sucks. Tell her I hope he gets well soon, would you?"

"Yeah, 'course. Hey, you gonna eat that?"

"The cookie? Nah, it tastes like butt."

"Do you know what butt tastes like?"

"I assume it tastes like these sugar-free, gluten-free, low sodium, all natural, no artificial flavours added vegan oatmeal cookies."

"... I don't want it anymore."

"Good call."