forty: "he's been abused by so many of your family members"

Normal: Kat Torres
Underlined: Phoebe Radisson

~

"I swear, your family has more drama than an episode of Dynasty."

"You mean the step-monsters have more drama than an episode of Dynasty."

"Did you talk to Stephanie yet?"

"Nope. I spent the day with Easton and his brother - who by the way is a DELIGHT, I seriously think I might like him more than Easton - and Dad and the step-monsters flew back yesterday."

"And your guy? What's his take?"

"He seems perfectly unbothered by the whole thing. The only thing he got from that meeting was that my dad liked him."

"He was right though - Steph really was more vicious than Nolan. Poor guy, he's been abused by so many of your family members."

"Which is why I plan on keeping him as far away as possible. No way am I going back to Cali this summer. He's coming here and we're spending the entire summer away from everyone. Shit - I was going to ask you to come with him."

"Spend the summer in the Big Apple? Hell yeah!"

"I can bear being parted from my lovely family, but not my Pheebs."

"Kat, you're gonna make me cry. Actually, you will. I'm already on my lady week. Fuck you."

"I love you too."

"And do me and Easton both a favour and hear Stephanie out? Maybe it's more complicated than you think."

"Doubtful. I'll think about it."