twenty-two: "bam chicka bam"

Normal: Kat Torres
Underlined: Phoebe Radisson

~

"You sound excited. Why do you sound excited? I'm scared."

    "I'm just happy you're coming back to Cali soon! Can't a girl be excited to see her best friend in the entire world?"

    "No."

    "I hope you realize I take great offence to that."

    "Apologies."

    "Uh huh. Okay, so give me the deets: what's happening?"

    "My flight is at noon on Friday. Easton offered to pick me up at the airport but I told him my mom already is. You and I are going to spend the day together and you're going to come to Easton's meet with me on Saturday. Easton and I are going to hang out for the rest of the day. On Sunday, the three of us plus Corbin and his girlfriend are going to an escape room. On Monday and Tuesday, Easton and I are completing the things on our list. My return flight is at seven and I can make my Wednesday class at one."

    "Bam chicka bam. I'm so proud of my little girl."

    "You're coming with my mom, right?"

    "Obviously."

    "I just feel bad that we're not spending the entire weekend together. We don't have as much time together and we're already in two different states."

    "Dude. Chill. You have a sort-of boyfriend now - I can't keep you to myself."

    "Ugh. You're nice. I hate you."

    "I hate you too."