3

When you did end up logging off of the server - later than you were about to admit, you just couldn't help yourself, you'd been wanting this for so long - you'd built yourself a little house and gotten enough basic supplies to last you for a while. Of course, the help from Alex had been monumental, but you were proud of what you had done too. 

Your nerves about talking to Dream and George had been for nothing. Even if they were older and had been with the server from the start, they were nice to you, laughing at your jokes and getting to know you. You had really been worrying for no reason. 

It was just Tommy you were having a hard time getting a read on. He was... something. A little loud, and the way he spoke made it sound like he just said whatever was on his mind - good or bad. He wasn't mean, just a little brash. But he was funny, and he kept the conversation going, so you would keep the jury out on him until further notice. 

You tried to stop thinking about the SMP and refocus on the homework in front of you. You had been trying to get it done before Alex would be coming over to do a FNAF 7 playthrough stream, since you knew you would be tired by the end of it. It was just impossible for your history work to hold you attention when something as monumental as joining the Dream SMP had happened the night before. 

Your efforts were futile, however, when you heard the gentle rumble of a car pulling into your driveway. A quick looked out the window revealed that is was indeed Alex. You pushed your homework to the side and headed downstairs. 

Alex was just coming in the front door when you arrived. 

"Heyo." She greeted, toeing off her Doc Martens with a smile. 

"Hi." You replied, moving past her and towards the kitchen. "I'm just going to grab up some snacks, and then we can head upstairs. I've already got everything set up for the stream."

"Nice." Alex said. 

You dashed into the kitchen, quickly grabbing some crisps, and a packet of biscuits. You snatch a La Croix for yourself from the fridge, before calling back to Alex, "Do you want something to drink?"

"I'm alright." Alex's reply drifted back to you. "I picked up a Monster from the corner store on my way over."

Armed with your snacks, you headed back out of the kitchen and up the stairs, to where Alex was already waiting in your room, pulling over the spare chair you kept for occasions such as this one. She sipped at a pink Monster - Pipeline Punch, probably, as that was her favorite as of recently.

You laid down the crisps and the biscuits on the left side of your desk, where they would be easily accessible, but not get in the way of the stream. 

"So." Alex said. "You said we were going to do FNAF, but you didn't say which one."

"I was thinking 7." You said. "We can just go back and forth on 20/50 mode and see who gets a better high score."

Alex grinned, setting her drink to the side as you cracked open yours. "Sounds good to me. What time are we starting?"

"Five-ten minutes." You said, sipping at your La Croix. "I set the stream for 7."

Alex nodded, and a comfortable silence stretched out for a moment as you both snacked. 

Alex was the one to break it. "No one was mean or anything after I had to leave the call last night?"

"Of course not." You said. "Everyone was perfectly lovely. I don't know what I was worried about."

"You were worried?" Alex asked. 

You shrugged. "Just about that like, everyone there was older and had more subscribers and stuff. Stupid things really."

"Tommy is neither older than you or has more subscribers." Alex said. 

"I meant like, Dream or George or any of the others." You said. "Tommy was fine."

"He can be a little loud sometimes." Alex said. "But he's a good kid. I was sure you two would get along fine, I just didn't want Dream to make fun of you or anything."

"No, everyone was really nice." You said. "Granted, I only met a couple people on the server, but I'm sure I'll get to know everyone else eventually."

"If you have questions about anything - not that you do since you've been watching since the beginning," Alex grinned at you. "Don't be shy in the discord either. I'm sure anyone would be happy to answer them for you."

You nodded, glancing at the clock. Only a couple more minutes. You leaned forward slightly, getting the game loaded on your computer. 

Alex kicked back in her seat, swallowing down more of her Monster. "What time did you log out last night?"

"Uh," You said, thinking back. "Probably around one or two in the morning." 

"Whoah- you can't be doing that on school nights." Alex said. "You'll fall asleep in class."

"Yeah, but I built a house and started working towards some netherite armor." You said. "I thought you didn't want me falling behind?"

"I don't want you falling behind in your classes either." Alex said. 

"Don't worry about it." You said. "I know my limits."

Alex hummed skeptically.

You rolled your eyes. It was time to start the stream anyway, so you got things rolling, practiced hands working over the equipment around you. The stream started smoothly, and you leaned back in your chair, smiling and waving at the camera. Alex set down her Monster and flashed a quick peace sign instead. 

"Hello everyone!" You said brightly, as the chat started rolling. "How is everybody doing today?"

"I'm doing fantastic, thank you for asking." Alex said. 

You grinned. "Alex is here with me today-"

"Follow me at alexster on Twitch and subscribe at alexster on YouTube." 

"-and we're going to be playing FNAF Ultimate Custom night." You finished. "We're going to kind of trade off every time either of us dies and see who can get the better score."

"I'm going to wipe the floor with you." Alex said. 

"Yeah alright." You said, a friendly competitive spirit flowing through you. "We'll see about that."