9

Kieran flopped down onto your bed, tossing his school bag to the floor. "Jesus Christ." He said. "Today felt like an entire year."

You slumped into your gaming chair, dropping your school bag next to you. "Thank god it's Friday though."

"Thank god." Kieran repeated. "You doing anything this weekend?"

You checked your phone for any new notifications that might have popped up on the bus ride from school to your house. "I'm probably going to stream a bunch, and maybe upload that video we made from last week."

"When we watched your old videos?" Kieran asked.

You hummed. "I think it'll do well. Probably not as good as the SMP content I've been putting out, but well enough."

"I don't think a single video on your channel has less that a million views nowadays, you have nothing to worry about." Kieran said. 

You spun around in your gaming chair, just looking at the ceiling. You should probably be doing your homework... studying was the whole reason Kieran made a point to come over on Friday's, even though it was rare that either of you got any actual studying done. It usually just turned into you working on YouTube things, or just hanging out for a few hours. 

"Anything new and exciting in Kieran world?" You asked. "How's Maya?"

Maya was Kieran's girlfriend of about a year now. You still didn't know how Kieran had managed to bag her - Maya was at the top of the class, played the violin at an almost national level, and was just about the prettiest girl you had ever seen, with smooth cocoa colored skin and long beautiful curls. Nothing like Kieran. 

Kieran shrugged. "She's good. We went out to the movies last weekend, and she has a competition this weekend, so I'm probably going to go to that."

"Sounds fun." You said. "Give her all my love and affection."

"Of course." Kieran said, rolling over on your bed so he could prop up on one arm. "What about you? Anything crazy happening?"

You shrugged. "I take it you've been watching my streams, so nothing you already don't know."

"The last stream I watched was when you decided you were going to be on the L'manberg team." Kieran said. "I missed the one the other night, but I take it nothing crazy happened."

"Nope." You said. "Just working on the intimidation tower with Tommy."

"It's weird that you're friends with all these huge Minecraft guys now." Kieran said. "Like, I know you had YouTube friends before, but then the biggest person you hung out with was Alex, and she barely counts because you knew her before anyway."

"Yeah, it is weird." You said. "It doesn't really feel like I'm supposed to be there, but already they're treating me like I'm part of the group. I mean, I don't know if you watched Tommy's last stream, but he called me to help him playthrough Sister Location."

"Really?" Kieran said. 

"Yeah." You said. "It was a good time though - I didn't think he would be the kind of person to get easily scared, but he is. It was kind of cute."

You realized what you said a moment after the words left your lips, and you froze. Kieran caught it as well, a devious smile coming over his features. 

"What was that Y/N?" He asked. "It was cute?"

"No." You rapidly amended. "Not like that, it was like how a dog is cute. Or a hamster is cute. Not like what you're thinking."

"I don't know." Kieran mused. "It didn't sound like that when you said it... and now you're trying to take it back..."

You closed your eyes tightly. 

"Kinda sus." Kieran joked. 

"I promise I don't have a crush on Tommy." You said, opening your eyes again. "I barely know him, I promise I don't fancy him."

Kieran was still grinning at you from the bed. "You've developed crushes in less time. And it has been a little over a month now. I'd say that's a perfect amount of time to start fancying someone."

"I don't fancy him." You said, now trying to convince yourself more than Kieran. "I haven't even met him in real life. We only talk over Discord when we're gaming. That doesn't count."

"Who are you trying to convince here?" Kieran asked. "Because it's not me."

"I-" The words died in your throat. "I think I'm trying to convince myself."

"Yeah, no shit." Kieran said. "What's wrong with fancying Tommy?"

"It's just..." You tried to put words to the feeling. "It's kind of like we work together? And that I've never actually met him. I really only know what he looks like from the shoulders up. And we're just friends."

"So basically, you're doing that whole thing where you're like 'oh, but I don't want to mess up our relationship'?" Kieran mocked. 

You frowned, chucking a pen at him from your desk. "It's more than that. I don't know where he lives, but it's probably hours away. The only time we really talk to each other is when we're both on the server or making content. I shouldn't be crushing on him."

"Look, you can't just stop yourself from having feelings." Kieran said. "From what I've seen, he's actually really funny and seems to actually like you. I don't see an issue with this."

You sighed to yourself. "Maybe it's me then. Maybe I'm just no ready to deal with extra feelings right now."

"Then don't." Kieran said. "Just because you've accept that you fancy him doesn't mean you have to do anything about it."

You looked over at Kieran. "When did you get so wise about relationships?"

Kieran stretched out on the bed. "You know, when you get older and you start seeing more people, you learn things about the world, and about yourself that you didn't know before-"

You snorted, throwing another pen at Kieran. "You've literally only dated one person and we both know Maya wears the pants."

The pen hit Kieran solidly in the forehead and he threw it right back at you. "At least I'm not crushing on a little gremlin boy."

You smacked the pen out of the air and onto the ground. "I'll tell him you said that."

"Good." Kieran said with a laugh, throwing a pillow from the bed now.