21

"I just put the code in chat, and it's a North America server." Alex said. 

Tommy made a barfing sound. "American?"

You just laughed, putting in the code and joining the lobby. Your little Among Us man popped into existence, collecting in the room with Alex, Wilbur, Niki, Tubbo, Tommy, Technoblade, Schlatt, Quackity and SMajor. You weren't streaming today, but you knew most of the others were, and you'd been so swamped with editing and SMP work that you'd jumped on the chance to just relax and play some Among Us with your friends. 

"I'm tired of this America slander." Schlatt said. "What makes the UK so good anyway, huh? You guys took a fat L on the revolutionary war-"

"Yeah but we have the Queen." Tommy said. "And what do you guys have? Your guns?"

Schlatt was about to say something when Scott cut him off with a laugh. "Start the game before they kill each other Alex."

"If I get impostor, I'm killing you first." Schlatt said. 

"If I get impostor, I'm killing you first." Tommy retorted. You could hear Schlatt winding up with another comment, but then the game began and everyone muted. Crewmate. You scanned over your tasks, already planning your route in your head. 

You headed down to Admin to swipe your card first. About half of the others pooled into that room as well. 

"I can either stick with someone out of here," You said to yourself. "Or I can just go and get everything done."

Were you willing to take a gamble on choosing the right person to follow though?

You hesitated in the room, waiting until someone else stepped away from the table. Whoever left first, you would stick with. 

Tommy stepped away from the table, heading out of the room and into storage. He stopped to do wires and you waited beside him. You were tempted to watch his stream on your other monitor, but you knew that could be cheating if he was killed before you.

When Tommy finished the wires, he circled you once. It was your turn to do a task then. You headed out of storage and into electrical, where the majority of you tasks were. You diverted power to security, and stepped over to do the download. You had almost completed it when a kill animation flashed across your screen. 

Schlatt shot you in the back of the head.

Immediately after, Tommy reported your body.

You kept quiet as the voting panel came up and everyone unmuted. Tommy was the loudest off the bat.

"Schlatt came out of the vent and killed Y/N!" He said. "We were in electrical, and she was doing the download, and Schlatt-"

"I was trying to kill you, ya little shit!" Schlatt shouted back. 

Quackity laughed. "Schlatt, you have to at least try to defend yourself-"

"Vote Schlatt!" Tommy shouted. "Vote Schlatt!"

It was unanimous, except for Schlatt who voted for Tommy. Schlatt was ejected, and the game continued. You floated around, knocking all your tasks out quickly now that you could float through walls and didn't have to worry about sticking with someone. When you were finished though, you found yourself drifting back to Tommy anyway, just following him around as he did his tasks.

It was a good while before someone reported another body. And when the voting panel popped up, you saw that only four people - Tommy, Techno, Alex and Quackity - were still alive.

"I found the body in navigation." Alex said. "Who was on the right side of the ship? I was, but only to do oxygen. Other than that, I was refueling the engines."

"I was only on the left side." Technoblade said. "Reactor, and then security, and then electrical."

"I saw Tommy on the right side." Quackity said. "And he's being really quiet-"

"Big Q!" Tommy said. "I had plenty of opportunities to kill you and I didn't, so you should be vouching for me, not accusing me!"

"You were the only one on that side of the ship though." Quackity said. "It has to be you."

"Then why wouldn't I kill you?" Tommy said. "That doesn't make sense."

"To use him as an alibi, yes it does." Technoblade said.

"I'm voting Tommy." Alex said. Again, the vote was unanimous except for Tommy, who voted for Big Q. Tommy was ejected, and not a moment after the game started again, Alex killed Technoblade, and the game was over with an impostor win.

You joined the lobby and turned on your mic again. "That was a great play Alex."

"Thank you, I knew I had to pull out all the stops because someone threw the game trying to kill Tommy." She said.

Another game started right up and the conversation ended there. You muted yourself again, bringing your hands back up to press your fingers to your lips in anticipation. 

Impostor. With Tommy. 

Switching mindsets as the game began, you stuck with the large group of people heading to admin first. If you make a solid alibi in the beginning, hopefully you would be able to disappear without raising too much suspicion. Tommy was doing the same, which would be good for that alibi as well.

It was when you followed Wilbur to navigation that you found your first opportunity to strike. He killed  him as he was doing the download, and then vented away to shields, waiting for another chance. It came as Quackity going to do the task there. 

You hopped out of the vent and killed him before running away, through storage and into electrical. As you paused by the wires there, you closed one of the doors between storage and shields, as well as turning off the lights. 

Now you would wait. 

The first person to walk in was Schlatt. You murdered him, and then hopped in the vent, getting out at Medbay and waiting in the cafeteria. It was only a matter of time. 

Sure enough, a few seconds later someone reported the body. You were drawn into the meeting, and checked to see how many people were dead. It seemed that Tommy had been up to no good as well, as only half the crew was left. 

"Schlatt was dead in front of the lights in electrical." Alex said. "What was everyone's routes?"

Scott answered first. "I went to admin with everyone, and then I went to Medbay for samples, and then to reactor, and then back to Medbay."

"I went to admin, and then oxygen," You said. "And then to weapons, and then to storage and I was coming back from upper engine when you called."

As everyone shared their routes, Alex hesitated. It seemed that you alibi plan was working out, as you could tell she was trying to find the holes in everyone's stories. 

You decided you were going to play dirty. 

"Tubbo said he was in storage, but I never saw him in there, and I was back and forth a lot." You said.

"Wait, I was all the way at the bottom though." Tubbo said. "'Cause I had the trash."

You just hummed, and let the rest of the group do the talking for you. Soon enough, the vote was over and Tubbo was floating away into space, wrongly accused. 

And then there were four.

You headed over to storage, to pretend to fuel the engines like you had said in the meeting. Hopefully someone would be along that path and you could kill them alone to win the game. 

Fate was in your favor it seemed, as you found Alex in security, watching the cams. She was dead in an instant, and the game was over with a victory for you and Tommy. 

"Alright!" Tommy crowed. "Dream team right there!"

You just laughed, and got ready for the next game, but his words made your heart swell up with those warm fuzzy feelings again. You and Tommy... and he had called you the dream team.