10

You were laying in a patch of sunlight on your bed, relaxing as you scrolled through your Twitter feed. It felt nice to have a minute just to relax - you were caught up with your schoolwork for the moment, and there was no pressing need to complete any videos. You hadn't been able just to take some time to actually enjoy social media for a while.

You had missed this.

Not that much had changed while you were too busy to look at it. Controversy popped up every day, bad memes still fought for space in your feed, and you didn't even want to look at Tweets about American politics - but there were good things too. You loved seeing all the fanart people made, and the cute little edits. 

You were just sending Alex a screenshot of a Tweet someone had made thirsting over her - the internet was always thirsting over her, and she got a kick out of it - when she texted you. 

lmao. u busy rn?

You quickly typed out a reply. 

nope

Alex responded not a minute later. 

cool wanted to ask you something

Your phone began to rang, an incoming call from Alex showing on the screen. You answered it immediately and put it on speaker. Alex's voice was slightly different through the call, as most voices were. 

"Yo."

"Hiya." You said. "What's up?"

"Are you busy next weekend?" She asked. You could hear her eating something on the other end of the line. 

"Uh, no I don't think so." You said. "I mean, I usually stream on Saturdays but that hardly counts. Why?"

"Well, Wilbur was talking about getting everyone together for a couple days, just to collab and make some vlogs and stream and stuff." Alex said. "I was going to go, and I thought you might want to meet everyone in person. So far it's going to be Wilbur, Niki, me, Tubbo and Tommy."

A meet up. An excited buzz flooded your veins. You could actually get to see everyone in person... and Tommy was going to be there. 

No. You were getting ahead of yourself. 

"Really?" You asked, excited. "That sounds awesome. Where is everyone meeting up?"

"Brighton." Alex said. "I was thinking about getting a hotel room since I would be there for four-ish days."

"I would love to go." You said. "I'll have to ask mum and dad, but I would really like to meet everyone."

"And what are the odds they'll say yes?" Alex asked. 

"Well..." You thought for a second. "My marks at school are pretty good, and I haven't gotten in trouble for anything in a bit... so I'd say pretty good. I could go ask them right now. Keep you on the phone for when they ask a million questions. Would you mind?"

"Of course not." Alex said, munching on whatever she was eating. It sounded like crisps - probably those awful salt and vinegar ones she liked so much. 

You grabbed the phone and hopped downstairs, searching for your parents. They were both in the kitchen - your dad working on something on his laptop while your mum prepared dinner. She looked up as you walked in, smiling. 

"Hello popkin." She said. 

"Hello Mrs. L/N!" Alex said. 

"Alex is on the phone." You said. "I wanted to ask you both something."

Your dad looked up as well. 

"I wanted to know if I could go down to Brighton with Alex for a few days for a YouTube thing." You said. "Next weekend, sometime."

"How long would you be down there?" Your mother asked. "And would you be missing any school for this? And how many people would be there?"

"We would leave Friday night and probably come back Wednesday morning." Alex said. 

"So only a couple days of school." You said. 

"And I know everyone who's coming already, it's only like four people." Alex said. 

Your mother pursed her lips. "I don't know..."

"Please?" You asked. "I'll be able to make loads of money off just this one weekend, which would mean that I could get you both expensive Christmas presents."

Your father chuckled. "You make a compelling argument."

Your mother was still on the fence. "Would you be able to make up the classwork you missed?"

"If I let my teachers know I'm leaving beforehand, they will probably give me the work to take with me." You said. "So I could do it on the trip."

You could see your mother's resolution wavering. 

"I'll make sure she does it." Alex chimed in. "You have my word, Mrs. L/N."

"I suppose you can go." Your mum said. "If it's for YouTube."

You looked to your father. 

He waved a hand dismissively. "As long as you're keeping up with your grades, I don't see why not."

"Thanks mum." You said, a smile stretching over your face. "Thanks dad."

You hurried back upstairs, the realization settling in. You were going to meet them. In real life. 

"Pog!" Alex said. "I didn't think that they were going to say no or anything, but hey! You get to come!"

You laughed, walking back into your room and flopping on the bed, dropping your phone on the pillow. 

"You'll have to pack some clothes and stuff, and probably your laptop and chargers and things, but I'm sure we'll be able to use someone else's setup if you want to stream." Alex said. "Niki said something about maybe going shopping, so just keep that in mind, and we'll probably go out to dinner a few times too..."

You were barely listening though, already thinking about what everyone would be like in real life. Their voices would probably sounds a little different now that they wouldn't be over Discord, and you only had vague ideas about how tall everyone was. It would be strange to see all of them in three dimensions instead of two. But already, you were looking forward to it. You would have to bring your camera to vlog...

But mostly, your mind kept drifting to Tommy. 

So much for the argument that you hadn't even met him IRL.