29

The SMP was calmer now than it had been for a while. Manberg was still being rebuilt after Technoblade and Alex's wrath, but as a surprise to everyone involved, Wilbur and Schlatt were actually working together to do it. United under a common enemy, the two sides had come together as one. 

Of course, that didn't mean everyone was on the same team now. Techno and Alex had gathered most of the players on the server that hadn't had too big of a role in the previous wars and events, offering them clout for their allegiance. It was an easy decision to make for most people. 

Still, it didn't look like things would blow up again for a while. 

The politics were the least of your worries though, as you were currently trying to move everything from your house into the absolute palace Tommy had built for you next to his home. 

It had been a surprise. Tommy had been begging you to log on, and when you finally did, he had eagerly led you to where the castle was built, showing it off like a proud father. It was grandiose, dwarfing Tommy's house that it stood next too. Built out of wood and cobblestone (but tastefully) it was a monument to the absolute golden boy Tommy was. 

It must have taken him at least an entire day. 

"Do you like it?" He'd asked. 

"It's amazing." You'd said. 

From there, it was only a matter of moving your things. A tedious process, but something made easier by the fact that Tommy had also built a railway between your now old house and the castle. 

You never thought that your heart would flutter at something as simple as a Minecraft castle, but here you were, whole body feeling tingly and warm.

"I can't believe you built me a castle." You said. 

"What kind of man would I be if I didn't build you a castle?" Tommy asked. "I'd be like... like, Sapnap! A barbarian!"

You laughed, emptying the last of your things into the new chest room you had. "Well, and I can't say this enough, I love it."

"Anything for you." Tommy said. "Would you like a tour of the rest of the place?"

You'd only seen the foyer and the chest room so far. "Yes, please." You said, following Tommy as he walked out of the chest room and back into the foyer. It was the biggest room in the castle, with a large glowstone chandelier and a sweeping staircase leading up into the second floor. 

Tommy started up the stairs. "So you've seen this bit," He said. "But upstairs..."

He walked into the first room. A library, complete with a crackling fire and two armchairs. 

You smiled, even though Tommy couldn't see you. "This is beautiful- how long did it take you to get all the books?"

"We don't talk about that." Tommy said, moving onto the next room. You followed him, coming to stop in a bedroom. A four-poster bed was in the center of the room, enough space for two people. A large window to the right overlooked Tommy's house and the area behind it. 

You walked over to the window. "The view is amazing." You said. 

"Only the best." Tommy said. 

Your heart squeezed. "You can't just say stuff like that." You said.  

Tommy chuckled. "Why not?" You could hear the smile in his voice. 

"What if I was streaming?" You said. "People would hear-"

"I'm streaming right now." He said. 

"You alright?" Tommy asked. 

You froze. Quickly opening Twitch, you checked the viewer count on his stream. Fifty thousand at the moment, and counting. Oh god. Oh god oh god- had they been watching the whole time? Had they heard everything, even when you had just been chatting while you were moving your things?

"You've gone all quiet." Tommy said. There was an edge of concern in his voice. 

"You didn't say you were streaming." You said. 

"I assumed you knew- you sound upset." Tommy said. "Do you-"

"No, I'm alright." You said. "I'm not upset or anything, just caught off guard." 

In the back of your mind, you had known that eventually, people would find out about you and Tommy being a kind of sort of thing. It was just a fact, as you both had semi-public lives and ended up doing a lot of things together anyway. It would take more effort to hide it than it would to just deal with the consequences. People were already making ship art anyway. 

Tommy still sounded a little nervous when he spoke next though. "Sorry." He said. "I'll build you another castle if you want."

You laughed, breaking the tension. "I think one castle is more than enough."

"Good, 'cause I didn't get to show you the secret door that goes into my house from here yet." Tommy said, starting off back down the stairs. You followed him to a little lever. He flicked it, and the wall opened up, revealing a short hallway into Tommy's house.

"Now you don't even have to go outside to visit." Tommy said. 

"I thought you hated mechanical doors." You said. 

"Yeah but, castle." Tommy said. "Secret door."

"Castle secret door?" You laughed. 

"Castle secret door!" Tommy repeated excitedly.

 The Discord chimed as someone joined the voice chat. 

"Hello?" Tubbo said.

"Hello Tubbo." Tommy said. 

"Um." Tubbo started. "Why is there a giant castle next to your house now?"

"Oh, that's Y/N's house." Tommy said. 

"I thought-" 

"No, I live in the castle now." You said. "It was a gift, and how could I refuse a castle?"

"OH, that's really cool!" Tubbo said, appearing at the door and letting himself in. He looked around the castle excitedly. "Who from?"

"Tommy." You said.

Tubbo paused. "Tommy built this?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tommy asked. 

"Nothing I just..." Tubbo said. "You built a whole castle?"

"Obviously, Tubbo." Tommy said. "I know you don't know anything about this, but it's called being a gentleman."

"Oh." Tubbo said. He was quiet for a moment. "Wait a minute, my chat is just spamming Tommy/n, what does that mean?"

You just laughed, going to explore more of your new home.