5

You ended up spending the most time with Tommy on the server. It seemed you were both on a similar schedule - you would log on around the same times, and usually end up helping each other out with whatever you were working on that day. Tommy was easy to talk to, and while he had first seemed loud and brash, he was starting to grow on you.

Today was no one of those days though. Today was important. Or at least, that's what Alex said. 

A few days ago, when you had logged on to work on your mine, there had been a chest near your front door, containing a book from Schlatt and Quackity, inviting you to a festival to celebrate Manberg. When you'd asked Alex about it, she said that she was going as well. 

You were excited. This was that political drama stuff that you had been dying to be a part of. And it was a chance to actually talk to some of the people you hadn't really spoken to before. 

Now, you were just waiting to start your stream. You ran your fingers along the edge of your desk, tapping and rolling. The chat was already talking excitedly - you were sure most of them were also watching other people's streams as well. 

Finally, your timer hit zero and you started your stream. The server was already up and running on your computer,  as was Discord. The cameras went on and you dropped your hands onto the keyboard with a smile.

"Hello everyone!" You greeted. "We're back on the Dream SMP today, and there's something special going on, as I'm sure you all know."

You pulled out the invite you had received, showing it on the screen. 

"A couple days ago, I got this invite, from the President and Vice President of Manberg - JSchlatt and Quackity - inviting me to this festival that they are having." You said. "Of course I'm going to go, and I'm excited about it. This is my fist like, event on the server. Alex and I are going to go together, so she should be here kinda soon. But until then, how is everyone?"

You spent a few minutes talking back and forth with you chat, thanking people for subscribing and donating, and just having a good time. It was when you heard the little noise that meant someone joined your Discord call that you tapped back in. Alex was in your house now, standing in front of you.

"Yo." 

"Hi." You said. 

"Ready to go?" Alex asked. 

You quickly scanned over your inventory. You hadn't put your armor on, as you weren't expecting to be fighting or anything at the festival. You had some food,  and a sword just in case  though. "Yup." You said, popping the p.

"Alright." Alex said. "It's festival time, babey!"

You and Alex made you way into Manberg, where most of the server was already gathered. You and Alex switched over to the group call as well, where everyone was chatting as they waited for the festival to start. 

Immediately, Technoblade noticed. 

"Oh my god - is that Alexster in the chat? The Alexster? Oh my- can you sign my sword?"

Alex laughed, jumping right into the bit. "Oh my jesus- it's Technoblade! It's Minecraft legend Technoblade!"

You scanned the people in the call for Tommy, but he hadn't joined yet. You had no doubt that he was going to eventually - even just to spy on Schlatt. 

"Oooh, Y/N, there's a dunk tank!" Alex said. "Come, come!"

You laughed, following Alex over to the mob of people surrounding the dunk tank. Nihachu was poised over top as people tried to dunk her. You and Alex stopped near the back of the crowd, watching. You took in the scenery around you, marking the difference between old L'Manberg and this new Manberg.