13

You and Alex pulled into the hotel lot around five o'clock. You were buzzing with energy when you arrived, and as soon as Alex checked in, you loaded all your bags - and some of hers - into your arms and toted them upstairs to the room. The room was simple - two beds, a bathroom, a little desk, a few night tables - but nice.

You dropped the bags on the bed as Alex walked in, the door swinging shut behind her. She had her phone in hand, and the rest of the bags in the other. She dropped them on the bed as well, bringing her now free hand back up to finish typing a message. 

"We're going to leave in like ten minutes to meet up with everyone, so use the bathroom and stuff now if you need it." She said. "Also, I added you to the group text."

You phone buzzed and you pulled it out of your pocket, reading Alex's message that she had just sent. You saved the other numbers in the chat as well - it was easy to tell who was who, they all texted like they talked. 

"Cool." You said, ducking into the bathroom. You figured you should go before you were out with everyone, and since you had been in the car for so long, you kind of needed to. You finished up, and were about to leave the room when you caught sight of your face in the mirror. 

You looked happy. 

You felt happy - this was something you'd been waiting for, and you were anxious to meet everyone. Of course, it helped that you heart was freaking out - in ten minutes, less now, you would be meeting the boy you'd started to develop feelings for. 

The spell was broken when Alex knocked on the door. "C'mon, I gotta go too."

You washed up quickly, and left, holding the door open for Alex. Flopping on the bed, you pulled out your phone. You were texting Tommy before you knew it.

see you soon :)

Alex finished up in the bathroom and came back into the hotel room, wiping her hands dry on her jeans. "You ready?"

You hopped up from the bed, tucking your phone back in your pocket. "Yeah." You said. 

You and Alex headed out of the hotel, getting back in her car. She plugged the address of the restaurant in to the GPS, and you were off. The drive was only a few minutes, and before you knew it, you were pulling into a little parking lot next to a tiny bistro.

Your stomach was doing flips. 

You got out of the car and followed Alex into the restaurant. "They already have a table." She said, scanning the room. "If you see them-"

"Hey, there they are!" 

You knew that voice. You spun around, and there they were, in a booth in the corner. Wilbur was waving you over, and you grabbed Alex's wrist, spinning her as well. She grinned, heading over to the table and sliding into the open seat next to Wilbur.

Leaving the empty chair next to Tommy for you. 

You quieted your screaming nerves and sat down, a wide grin spreading over your face. "Hi."

"Hello Y/N!" Tommy said, smiling. "I can't believe you're real!"

You laughed, saying hello to Tubbo as well. From there, you fell into easy conversation with the rest of the table. You were happy to meet them, but you did already know them in a way. Wilbur was taller than you had thought (and so was Tommy), but they acted the same and talked the same, and before you knew it, you were laughing along to familiar jokes as you ordered your meal.

"So, Y/N," Tommy said, as he handed the waitress his menu. "What do you think?"

"About?" You asked. 

"Us." Tommy said, gesturing to the rest of the table. "What are your thoughts?"

"Oh, um," You glanced around the table again. "Well, Wilbur is taller than thought he was, and so are you actually." You said. 

Tommy made a face. "I'm a huge man, of course I'm tall."

You laughed. "Well, what do you think about me and Alex?"

"I didn't think Alex would be so blue." Tommy said. "She might as well dye her skin blue at this point, I mean, she's got blue hair and blue nails and blue pants, and that band tee shirt has blue accents, and there are blue stars on her shoes-"

"It's called fashion." Alex said. "But you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"

Tommy spluttered and Tubbo laughed. 

"I know a lot about fashion, thank you very much!" Tommy said, indignant. 

"You wear the same thing every day." Tubbo said. 

"Alright, listen here Tubbo-" Tommy started. 

Wilbur cut him off. "Children, children, please." He said, gesturing out over to the side. "The food is here."

The waitress delivered your plates in front of you, and silverware was passed around as well. You dug in happily - you and Alex had had snacks in the car, but you were hungry for real food at this point and a hot meal would hit just the spot. 

Next to you, Tommy was doing the same. Strangely, your nerves had disappeared once you were actually with him. He was familiar, even though this was the first time you were really seeing him. 

The others were familiar as well - Niki still laughed the same, and Wilbur moved his hair out of his eyes every minute or so. Tubbo still had voice cracks in the middle of his sentences. 

It felt an awful lot like a family gathering, all warm and familiar feelings, with people you already  knew. 

"We should play some games this weekend." Tommy said between bites of his dinner. "I bet I would beat all of you. 'Cause I'm such a big man."

"Yeah, alright." You said. 

Tommy looked over at you. "You don't think I would totally beat you? Well-"

"Dream's fourteen year old sister beat you." You said. 

Tubbo snorted into his napkin, laughter twinkling in his eyes. 

You and Tommy bickered back and forth on the subject for the rest of the night, oblivious to Alex and Wilbur trading glances across the table.