6

"And then Techno just killed everyone there, he killed Schlatt and Quackity two times each, he just went wild." You said, a grin spreading across your face. "It was insane- thank god Alex and I left when we did."

"You're telling me all this like I wasn't watch the streams." Kieran said. A Discord call was open on your computer as you spun around in your gaming chair. 

"Yeah, but it's exciting!" You said. "I'm officially part of like, a thing now!" 

"I can't believe Techno actually killed Tubbo." Kieran said. "I mean, I guess he had to to keep it a secret that he's working with Tommy and Wilbur, but geez."

"Now that I know that he was actually with Wilbur and them," You said. "It's even more like, dramatic. We're really running a full scale soap opera here."

Kieran laughed. "People eat it up though. Have you looked at the numbers for your channel since you joined the SMP?"

"Dude, I know." You said. "It's insane."

"Makes me kind of jealous." Kieran said. 

You laughed. "You literally never upload. I'm impressed you even managed to get 100,000 subscribers in the first place."

"Ouch." Kieran laughed. "I might be a lazy piece of trash but you don't have to say it."

You were about to respond when your computer dinged. You spun around, looking to see what it was. A message from Alex.

hey we're playing among us rn if u wanna join. we only have eight people so theres a spot for u if you want it

"Hey." You said. "Alex just asked me to play Among Us with... I don't actually know who, but she asked me to play."

"Aight." Kieran said. "I'll talk to you later then?"

"For sure." You said, slipping on your headphones and opening Among Us. You ended the call with Kieran and quickly responded to Alex. 

yeah sure 

As soon as you had responded, Alex was calling you. You accepted the invite, joining a call full of other people. 

"Y/N!" 

"Hi everyone." You said, quickly scanning over the people in the call. Alex, Tommy, Tubbo, Technoblade, Wilbur, Nihachu, Quackity, Dangthatsalongname and Shubble. A chorus of hi's and hello's came back to you.

"The code is in the chat." Alex said. You scrolled up a little and found it, putting it in and joining the game. You noted who was what color - you would need that information later on in the game. 

"Y/N have you played Among Us before?" Tommy asked. 

"Obviously." You said. 

"You should know that I'm the best at this game." He continued. "I have such a large brain that every move I make is 1000- no, 2000 IQ-"

"Bro, Tommy shut up." Quackity interrupted with a laugh. 

"Big Q is just jealous that I'm so good at this game Y/N-"

"Alright let's just start." Wilbur said. You laughed as Tommy and Quackity each tried to get the last word in at the same time. 

Five seconds later, the game was beginning. 

You muted yourself in the call and settled in to the game. Crewmate. You could do this. 

You followed a crowd of people into admin to swipe your card, rolling over strategies in your head. You could stick with someone, but there was always a chance that could lead to you dying first. If you went off on your own you would get all your tasks done quicker, but then it would be easy for the impostor to kill you too. You supposed it was more likely that you would partner up with another crewmate than either of the impostors. 

Leaving admin, you stuck close to Tubbo's side and followed him to his next task. 

The game went on like that for about five more minutes, until the first body was discovered. It was Alex. 

As soon as people unmuted, chaos broke out.

"I was in electrical with Shubble-"

"I saw Big Q just standing next to a wall in the hallway-"

"Niki took ages to do wires in cafeteria-"

"The body was in navigation so who was on the right side?" Wilbur said, cutting through all the voices. 

Tubbo spoke up next. "I saw Shubble, Techno and Niki on the left." He said. "Oh, and Y/N was with me the whole time."

"So that leaves Wilbur, Scott, and Tommy on the right." Technoblade said. 

"I bet it was Smajor." You said. "Alex stole his color, and she died first."

Wilbur laughed. "That checks out." A voting icon appeared next to Wilbur's icon on the screen. 

"Wilbur you didn't actually vote for me?" Scott asked. 

More voting icons popped up. 

You snickered to yourself, voting for Scott as well. You hadn't really been trying to accuse him, but if everyone was going to play also with the bit, you would too. It would make a funny highlight, anyway.

The voting time ended, and eight little colorful beans popped up under Scott's name. 

"You're all actually idiots." Scott said as his little character drifted out into space. 

You laughed to yourself as you started the next round. It would be funny if it ended up that he actually was an impostor... it was funny either way though. You ran to reactor to unlock the manifolds, hoping that no one was waiting in there to kill you. 

You unlocked the manifolds successfully and were just about to leave to go to electrical when Tommy walked in. 

You paused at the door. It was usually better to stick with someone... 

You waited for Tommy to finish his task and left with him, following a half step behind. Along the way, you stopped to do the wires in navigation, and were pleased to see Tommy waiting for you when you finished. 

You didn't even think twice before following him into communications. 

So when the little kill animation of Tommy shooting you in the back of the head popped up, you were shocked. 

You sighed, pressing your hands into your forehead. "Dickhead..."