4

You were maybe a little bit addicted. 

It wasn't your fault really - you had a lot of catching up to do on the SMP, and you were just really excited to be there. You had talked to a few more of the people in the server - Quackity was really funny, as was Technoblade - and gotten yourself that set of netherite armor. You'd streamed a few times on the server already, and were pleased to see that your fans were actually excited to see you on the SMP.

Your had yet to get into any of the political drama though. Alex had advised you to stay out of it for a while, until you were settled in and people knew who you were, but you were itching to get into some of the action. 

Still, nothing had happened since the election. Schlatt was still in charge of Manberg, and Tommy and Wilbur were still fugitives.

You would just wait until something else happened and jump in then. For now though, you could grind and work on getting some of the best gear in the game. It couldn't hurt. 

You were in your farm when a little yellow chat notification popped up in the bottom left corner of your screen. Tommyinnit joined the game. 

You shot out a quick little hi in the chat, just to be nice and got back to work. You could never have enough carrots and potatoes. 

It was a couple seconds before a reply came back. 

Hey. Up to anything cool?

You quickly typed something back. Not really. Just working on supplies and gear and stuff.

Same. Discord?

Your fingers hovered over your keyboard. You might as well... it could be nice to have some company while you worked. And you'd been wanting to make friends with other people on the server.

Sure.

You turned off the music that had been pumping from your phone and instead opened discord, going to the Dream SMP chat and opening the voice call. Tommy was already online.

"'Ello."

"Hi." You said. "What's up?"

"Nothing much." Tommy said. "Just mining some cobblestone."

"Fun." You said. "For anything specific, or...?"

"That's classified information!" Tommy said. "Can't have you running your mouth to Schlatt  or anyone."

"Not even if I swear to secrecy?" You asked. You finished up at the farm, replanting all of your plots. Carrying the fruit of your labors - quite literally - into your house to store away for later. 

"Hmm." Tommy paused. "Swear on your FNAF series."

"My FNAF series?" You asked. "You watched that?"

"I've watched a couple." He said. "I had to skip the scary bits though."

"What, the jumpscares?" You laughed a little. "Those aren't even scary-"

"Says you." Tommy retorted. "OH, I'm Y/N and I'm so good at FNAF, I don't even get scared at the jumps." He mocked. 

"I thought you were supposed to be some kind of big guy who's not scared of anything?" You shot back. "Or is that just a bit?"

Tommy spluttered indignantly. "I am big and strong!"

You laughed, dropping the rest of your food into storage. That had been the last thing on your agenda, but you did have some extra time. "Where are you mining that cobblestone?"

"Top secret." Tommy said.

"I swear on my FNAF series that I won't tell anyone." You said. 

Tommy paused. "I'll put the coordinates in the chat."

A moment later a set of numbers popped up in the chat. Quickly switching your screen so that you could see the coordinates you were standing at now, you started off, moving closer to the point Tommy had sent you with a pickaxe in your inventory.

"How are you liking the server?" Tommy asked. 

"I really like it." You said. "I'd been watching Alex play on here for a while, and then the L'Manberg war happened, and I really wanted to be a part of all this, and now... I'm here. It's kind of crazy."

Tommy laughed. "That's what happens when you get famous."

"I wouldn't say I'm famous." You navigated around a rock spire. 

"You just hit one million subscribers!" Tommy said. "That's like, a lot of people!"

"It's one million internet people though." You said. 

"Oh, poo poo." Tommy said. "I've never met anyone that would downplay having one million subscribers, why you gotta do that?"

You just laughed, following the coordinates on your screen. Soon enough, you came upon a large hole in the ground, with Tommy at the bottom, busily chipping away at the stone around him. You made your way down into the hole, and began working alongside him, collecting stone.

"You don't have to help." Tommy said. "I know you have catching up to do, you could be working on other things."

"I'm pretty much caught up." You said. "I've got netherite, I've got diamond gear, I've got a house full of supplies, what else do I need?"

"Already?" Tommy asked. "You're fast."

"I was just keen to catch up to everyone so I could get to the fun bit." You said.

"The fun bit?" Tommy asked.

"You know, all the crazy political drama and wars and things." You said. "If Sad-ist makes another one of those animations, I want in."

Tommy laughed. "Say, have you seen Hamilton?"

"Yeah, I watched it on Disney Plus when they put it on there." You said. "It was really good."

"Hamilton's the only good thing to ever come out of America." Tommy said. 

"Didn't Minecraft come from America too?" You asked, mostly to yourself. 

"Hamilton and Minecraft are the only good things to ever come out of America." Tommy amended his statement. 

You laughed. For a moment, the call was quiet, as you and Tommy worked. It was peaceful, working side by side with someone. But you were curious.

"Can I know what we're mining all this cobble for now since I'm helping and I swore to secrecy?" You asked. 

"Are you streaming?" Tommy said. 

"Nope. It's just me." You said.

Tommy paused. "It might be to build a cool tower to use in all that political drama stuff. But you absolutely cannot tell anyone!"

"Of course not." You said. A tower. Huh. You supposed that would come in handy if the server broke out into war again. 

"Good." Tommy said. "I trust you."

You smiled to yourself. 

"For now." He added. 

"Oh, come on!" You laughed. "I haven't even done anything to be untrustworthy yet!"

"Yet!" Tommy caught. "You haven't done anything to be trustworthy yet either! You could just be a spy for Schlatt."

You laughed, hitting Tommy with your pickaxe as you mined.