27

After the stream ended, you and Tommy both flopped on his bed, laying side by side as a movie played in the background. Neither of you was looking at the screen though. Instead your attention was on the ceiling. 

It felt a lot like the night when he had called you. You'd imagined him just like this, just staring up into nothingness. Of course, it was different now, with nerves roiling in your gut, and your brain at war with itself.

You'd made up your mind during the stream. You were going to tell him how you felt today, one way or another. You had the perfect opportunity to now, but the words were stuck in your throat, refusing to come out.

I fancy you.

Three simple words. Not even anything of true importance (not like three other words you could think of, you didn't even want to touch that thought). You'd resolved to yourself that it was a fact at this point. You desperately liked him. Everything about  him.

His stupid laugh played on loop in your head, a montage of every time you had made him smile or giggle. Oh, his smile... it was so joyous and carefree. He always looked so genuinely happy when he smiled, like the world couldn't touch him. Like he was invincible. Maybe he was. It wasn't so hard to believe.

You peered at him out of the corner of your eye, laying on the bed next to you. He was deep in thought about something - there was no telling what. Just looking at him made your stomach jump. You needed to get out of your head. 

You closed your eyes for a moment, inhaling fully and deeply. Everything was fine. All you had to do was say three simple words, and this would be over one way or another. He could reciprocate your feelings... or he could never speak to you again.

Was it worth the risk of losing him?

You liked being friends with Tommy. If you messed everything up now, would you be able to go on from here? What would that mean for the SMP and your channel? Tommy had become such an integral part of your content that strain on your friendship could be disastrous. If you sat on your feelings, you wouldn't have to worry about that. 

But sitting on your feelings was agony. You felt guilty, storing up moments stolen from your interactions without him knowing how you felt. Selfish, like by not telling him, you were doing something illicit. 

And you wanted to tell him. There was a chance that he would feel the same way, or at least give you a chance, and as slim as that chance may be, it was still a chance. 

Kieran would tell you to go for it.

Alex would tell you to go for it. 

You opened your mouth to speak.

"What are you thinking about?" Tommy asked. 

The word was out of your mouth before you had time to think about it. "You."

Tommy blinked, sitting up on his elbows. "Me?"

"Yeah." You breathed. "It's kind of hard not to when you're right next to me." You propped yourself up on your elbows as well, forcing yourself to be calm as you looked him in the eye. His eyes were such a pretty blue.

The tips of Tommy's ears flushed red. "Oh." He said, Adam's apple bobbing. "Um. What- are you hitting on me or am I just really lonely?"

You could feel your face heat up, but you remained calm. "Um. If you want me to be. I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything. But, um, yeah I was trying to. Sorry."

"Sorry?" Tommy repeated. "Don't be sorry, I'm enjoying it."

You were sure you were red as a tomato. "Really?"

Tommy nodded. "It's not every day the person you fancy tries to hit on you in your own home."

You choked on a laugh a little bit. Even when you were nervous out of your mind, Tommy managed to make you laugh.

The room fell quiet for a moment. You sat up fully, resting your hands in your lap so you could twiddle your thumbs. Tommy shifted on the bed as well, moving to sit in front of you slightly. He looked pensive like he was rolling something over in his head. 

"What are you thinking about?" You asked softly. 

"Kissing you." Tommy said, equally as soft. 

Your heart leapt into your throat. "Oh."

"Yeah." Tommy said. He leaned forward slightly, testing the waters, his eyes flicking back and forth between your eyes and your lips as he neared. 

You were sure your heart was going to beat out of your chest at any moment, but you found yourself leaning forward as well, your eyes fluttering shut as you and Tommy came closer together.

Your lips met in the middle. Tommy's lips were slightly chapped, but pliant against yours as he started a gentle rhythm. You melted into the kiss, savoring the touch of his lips against yours and the feeling that he fancied you.

When you pulled away, you kept your eyes closed for a moment, lest you open them and it all be a dream.

You eventually did open your eyes and found Tommy looking back at you, a small smile playing on his lips. "Hi."

"Hi." You replied.

"I, uh, really liked that." He said. "Um."

"I can't believe you fancy me." You breathed, a little awe overtaking your voice. 

"Of course I fancy you." Tommy said. "You're really good looking, and you were always nice to me, even in the beginning when we first met, and I know I'm kind of loud and annoying-"

You cut him off by throwing yourself forward and into his arms, sending him into the mattress. He collapsed with a small grunt, but wrapped his arms around you anyway. 

"You caught me off guard there." He said. 

"That was kind of the point." You replied. 

You gazed into his eyes for a moment, just watching him look back at you. You smiled. Somehow, this was really happening. 

"Kiss me again?" You asked. 

"Of course." Tommy replied easily.