🌹𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑽𝑰, 𝑺𝑪𝑬𝑵𝑬 𝑽

"The movie wasn't that interesting." Iwaizumi states as we walked towards the movie theater exit.

"EH! That's probably because you almost jumped out of your seat during the jump scares."

"That's not true."

"Then why were you trying to look anywhere but the screen when she was crawling out the t.v?"

"Because she didn't look nice."

"Sure..."

"It's true!"

"OH! WHAT'S THIS?!" I hear a familiar voice yell in the background right before we walked out the door.

"Damnit." Iwaizumi cursed as we slowly turned around to meet Yua's and Oikawa's stares.

"Iwa-chan you better have a good reason as to why you are with my precious Kiyo-chan at this time of day!!!" Oikawa yells in a very loud tone.

"It's not even 5 pm yet." Yua adds.

"That's beside the point!"

Yua sighs. "Tooru I'm sure we're interrupting whatever date they're having. Let's just go grab the popcorn so we can get to our movie on time."

"No way! I refuse to leave my precious Kiyo-chan in the hands of this beast!"

"O-Oikawa, really it's fine maybe you should jus-"

Unfortunately, my sentence was cut off when Iwaizumi launched himself onto Oikawa leaving the taller male with a bit of pain in his shoulder.

"Iwa-chan that hurt." Oikawa whined.

"That was the point." Iwaizumi responded.

"I told you we should have just left." Yua stated.

"Is your shoulder okay, Oikawa?"

Rather than words Oikawa pitifully nodded his head.

"He's fine." Iwaizumi said and grabbed my hand before dragging me away.

"See you guys later!" I shouted before they were out of view.

"Is there something else you want to do?" Iwaizumi asked while slowing down his pace.

"Hmm..." I hummed giving a bit of thought to my answer. "How about we get something to eat?"

"Sure."

With that, Iwaizumi and I walked hand-in-hand to a nearby café. When we arrived at the café, the two of us took a seat and waited for our order.

"So have you decided on what kind of job you want?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Oh right, I really want to be a physical therapist. After that time Oikawa got injured and I didn't even get to visit him, I thought about what could have happened if the injury was any worse. That's when I decided I'll help athletes with worse injuries you know?"

"I see."

"What about you?"

"I haven't really decided yet."

"Hmm."

"Here's your order." One of the waiters said as he handed us our drinks.

"Thank you." I said, watching as the waiter walked off before turning to Iwaizumi. "I want to buy couple rings."

"Kiyomi, I paid for the movie tickets, the snacks, and the drinks we're having right now. At this point, my wallet is going to burn."

"I'll pay for the couple rings. I promise." I whined. "Besides, most of your allowance goes to Oikawa since he always forgets to bring his bento for lunch."

Iwaizumi sighed. "Though I don't like the idea of you paying, I guess this one time is fine."

Hearing those words a smile formed on my face. 

"You're cute when you smile like that." 

That's when my face turned a bright shade of red. "You're cute when you smile too." I mumbled out while turning away from the taller male.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah. Your awkward smiles are cute too."

"If that's the case, I may smile more often."

"That's not necessary. No one else needs to see your awkward cuteness. It's only for me to see."

"Possessive much?"

"No, I just want to be selfish. You're mine and no one else's."

"The same thing goes with you. You're mine and no one else's." Iwaizumi said with a smirk.

"Y-You're n-not allow to say t-that."

"Why not?"

"Because... My heart can't handle your good looks. If you say that, I don't know what I'd do."

"Someone's getting bold."

"Let's go get the rings!" I exclaimed, trying to change the subject.

After leaving the café we began our walk to the jewelry store. 

"Are you sure you want to buy the rings?" Iwaizumi questioned.

"I know I'm probably going to be broke after buying them, but it's something I've always wanted to do. I'll just find the cheapest ones and buy those in our size."

"They are still going to be expensive."

"If I don't think about the price, I won't feel any pain."

Iwaizumi sighed and stopped walking.

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Kiyomi, let's wait on the rings."

"W-why?"

"I have something I want to do before we buy the rings."

"What do you want to do?"

"Win the nationals."

My eyes widened for a second before a large grin replaced my shock. "Right! I got it! If you win the nationals, your prize from me will be our couple rings." 

Iwaizumi smiled. "Exactly." 

This is great! This idea also gives me time to save up a bit more money so I can buy a really nice set of rings. Ah... But the thing is, the Spring Preliminaries aren't too far from now. The first day of the preliminaries is August 11th, it's already July 25th. Also, the boys aren't the only ones preparing for the spring preliminaries, the girls' volleyball team is also preparing.

Jeez, Yua will probably be really harsh during practice for the next couple of days. She always starts to get really serious around this time of year. Poor first years...

"Ooooh!"

"What?" Iwaizumi asked me with a look of confusion as we started our walk home.

"I just remembered that I get to see Ushijima-San again."

"..."

"Did I say something wrong?" 

"You became friends with the enemy."

"Well I mean, I wouldn't consider him a friend, but it is nice to see him every once in a while. Besides, he's not my enemy since I've never played against him."

"He's an enemy to your friends."

"He's not that bad. Also, Yua once told me that Ushijima is really nice, it's just his face that makes him seem mean."

That's when Iwaizumi started to pick up his pace causing me to pick up my pace as well until the two of us were practically racing down the street.

I really had fun today, I guess being selfish isn't too bad if it gets me this...