🌹𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑽𝑰𝑰, 𝑺𝑪𝑬𝑵𝑬 𝑰𝑰𝑰

"Yuki... You're smarter than you look." Sara states. "With all the information I gave you just now, I'm sure you've realized something."

"Yeah..." Yuki says in the softest tone I have ever heard from her. "I guess I have to thank you for that. Also, I owe Kiyomi and Iwaizumi an apology, don't I?"

"Hell yeah, you do." Yua says with an eye roll.

"But that's the thing. I don't want to give them an apology. Just for a little while longer... I want you all to see me as the bad guy." Yuki says with a smile.

But her smile... It isn't warm. 

Her smile feels sad, and if anything, lonely.

"Hey! Lunchtime is over, everyone back to your seats!" Our teacher shouts as he enters the room.

Sara quickly took her leave and the rest of us sat down in our seats.

"So, that's it, huh?" I mumble. "I guess it all worked out in the end."

🌹2 Weeks Later🌹

"Hey, you guys!" Yua yells as she ran through the hallway to catch up with me and Sara.

"Is there something wrong?" Sara asked Yua when she finally caught up.

"Yuki... Yuki went back to France." Yua explains. 

"Oh." I say with a bit of sadness laced in my tone.

"What's wrong?" Yua asked.

"It's just that... I'm wondering how life is in France. I'm wondering if Yuki has friends she can talk to like me. I'm wondering if she misses her family. I'm wondering if she's... Satisfied."

Sara and Yua looked at me in shock before turning to each other with the same expression.

I guess they realized it too.

🌹August 11th 🌹

"It's time." Yua mumbles to herself as we stretch.

"Yes... Though, I'm kind of worried wince we are going against Niiyama." 

"Last time we went against them, we were able to beat them." Sara reminds me.

"But that was last year too, which means they've gotten stronger."

Yua sighs. "Kiyomi, you may have forgotten, we have also gotten stronger."

My eyes widen and a smile spreads across my face. "Right!"

Soon enough, it's time for our match to start and I go to greet the opposing teams' captain.

"Let's have fun out there, okay?"

"Right back at you." The girl said as we shook hands.

The match started and it was Niiyama's turn to serve. The moment Yua saw the powerful spike the setter from the setter, she grinned like a madman.

"They aren't going to hold back huh?" Yua whispered. "Then neither am I." 

Our libero quickly received the ball causing it to fly back to the other side of the court giving Niiyama a chance ball. 

"Sorry!" Our libero apologized before getting back in position.

The crowd cheered loudly as Niiyama's setter made a quick and accurate set to one of their wing spikers. I held my arms out to receive the powerful spike, unfortunately, the ball ricocheted off of my arms and out of bounds.

"Dang it!" I hissed.

🌹🌹🌹

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Yua yelled while kicking the nearest pebble.

"Language ." Sara reminded the other female as we began our walk home.

"Yua was so upset about losing that she didn't even want to see the boys' match." I whispered.

"We'll see their next game." Sara says.

"Shit!"

"Be quiet. You're going to wake up the people in this neighborhood." 

"Yua, it'll be fine." I tell her.

"I think Oikawa has rubbed off on her too much." Sara comments.

"Rather than rubbing his strange attitude on me, he can rub his volleyball skills. That would be a nice gift." Yua says while glaring in front of her.

"Cheer up Yua, you can still play in college."

"I guess that's true." Yua sighed. "But still, since we lost this match, we can't go to the nationals..."

"Yeah." Sara agreed. "I'm glad we at least went to the nationals in our first year."

"Ah... Memories."

"Oh yeah, what do you guys plan to do after high school?" Yua asked.

"I want to go to college, that way I can start studying to be a physical therapist."

"I think... I think I'll go to college as well, and then I'll work for my mom." Sara says.

"Really? Where does your mom work?" Yua questioned.

That's right, Sara never did tell us, I found out through Sugawara-San...

"My mom owns a hospital in Tokyo." Sara says nonchalantly.

"Hm... That's nice." Yua says, unaffected by this new information. "I kind of want to visit somewhere, but I still have time to decide."

"So, we all have different plans, huh?"

"Yeah, but we all have time too." Sara says with a smile. "So let's just take our time growing up."

🌹🌹🌹

This chapter was short, but that's because I can't write about sports even if my life was on the line.

By the way, I have some news😭

There are now 2 chapters of "Together" left. Gosh, I'm gonna miss this book...

Till Next Time, 

@RoseThornsBush