Jared's Friend - Part Two

You have met Jensen after surprising your best friend Jared.

-Written from the point of view of 'Alivia'.

-This is a little over 5.000 words. I've got a couple more parts of this story left I think, so I'm going to make them long to have less parts.

Warnings: drinking

A few weeks after the surprise visit, Jared invited me to come out to a party on the lake with some of his other friends; including Jensen. I agreed for multiple reasons. I have been having a hard time at work, so a day in the sun with a few drinks and eye candy sounds like a great day. So here I was, driving three hours the night before in my Jeep to get to Jared's.

I had fussed over what to wear, as stupid and typical as that sounds. Some of these friends were more stars, others were just people he's friends with. I just wanted to look nice, but not like in a slutty or trying too hard way. That would not be a good look to send to everyone.

I pulled up to Jared's house and he was outside talking on the phone. He waved as I parked my Jeep and hopped out, grabbing my bag. I was staying here tonight and then tomorrow night as well. I live three hours away so I didn't want to make that drive twice on a long day.

I walked over as he was talking, I put my bag down and just hugged him. He hugged me back. "Hey buddy." I said softly. "Yeah, Liv actually just got here." He paused, and I heard a voice speaking but couldn't tell what was being said. "Yup, so we will see you tomorrow at 11:00 at the boat launch." He paused again, sending me a smile. "Okay, bye man." He hung up and then hugged me again.

"Hey, Livy. How was the drive?" He asked pulling back and grabbing my bag like a gentleman. "It was fine, long like always. Who was that?" He chuckled and started leading the way inside. "Jensen. He wanted to ask about tomorrow. Seemed excited that you were coming."

I blushed but rolled my eyes at what he was trying to imply. "Don't start, Jare, okay? Yeah he's cute, and sweet but don't go making this weird for me.... or him." He laughed and shook his head, "I'm just saying that I could see it. He's single again. But I'll back off and not try to make it happen if you don't want me to."

That was a relief.

"Thanks, I really don't want you to do anything. If something happens I want it to be because it's supposed to, not because we can feel that it's what you want. Besides... He's Jensen, he could have just about any girl he wants. He is just being nice because I'm your kid friend."

He lead me to his guest room like always. "We should have a movie night. I got a few movies that we used to watch, some snacks, and some beer." He offered like a little kid and started doing a little jittery dance in the door way, waiting for my answer, which he should've known. "Yeah, that sounds perfect, Jare. Let me put on some sweats." "Alright, great. I'll go grab the stuff and meet you in front of the TV."

In the morning my alarm got me up so I could get myself ready. I French-braided my long brown hair back, put on my swim suit, and some tanning lotion. I put on shorts and a tank top. I grabbed my sunglasses, shoes, and towel at 10:15.

I helped Jared load up a cooler of food, and another of drinks. Then at 10:35 we were on our way to the lake to meet up with everyone.

We were there first, so we parked and started loading things onto the boat. It's a party boat he rents just about every summer. Two levels and a slide. As we finished getting the coolers loaded his friends started showing up.

I was introduced to some new guys, and some girls; a few of which were couples.

Then Jensen came strolling up, pulling his own coolers. He made my heart beat faster. He was in swim trunks, and a tank top, had on sunglasses, and a backwards snap-back. His tanned skin was on display.