SleepOver

ROSÉ POV

"Shit! I'm late"

The girls and I were having a sleepover at Lisa's mansion like we always did, just this time I was running extremely late due to a mishap with family issues that I couldn't explain to anyone. Ever since my mother married my stepfather, life hasn't been the same at all.

It was much worse and more painful, especially on my end. My mother worked two jobs, morning and night shifts while my sister worked as a bartender at a strip club. My stepfather did nothing but drink alcohol, physically and verbally abuse us.

I was expected to cook and clean all the time when my mother wasn't around, take care of my studies and also deal with my stepfather's tantrums.

If only you knew what shit I go through with that man when no one's around.

I texted Jisoo to tell her I was coming soon.

ME
-hey Jisoo, I'm sorry I'm late I'm on my way over there ❤️-

SOOYAH❤️
                                                                                                                   -hey Rosie it's all good will be here waiting, be careful ily😘-

ME
-ily unnie😘-

I grab my things and make sure not to make as much noise as possible and wake my stepfather up but of course, I failed.

A bottle of vodka comes flying across the room crashing onto my right arm, leaving cut marks and bruises all over my it as they cover themselves with red liquid from my blood gushing out.

Shit

"Where do you think you're going Roseanne!?" he screeched, eyes consumed by anger and fists balled up like a ball as if he was ready to murder someone. "The dishes aren't going to wash themselves!"

"I'll be back soon, I promise..." I answered, with fear in my voice.

Before he could say another word I rushed out of the door and charged towards my car, it was a yellow Volkswagen Polo car that my father had bought me before leaving us, I kept it as a reminder of him.

"ROSEANNE! ROSEANNE PARK!!" he shouted behind me

I didn't dare to turn around, in fear of what may happen if I looked into his death glaring eyes one more time

"I SWEAR ON YOUR MOTHER'S LIFE IF YOU DON'T GET BACK HERE!!"

I rushed inside my car accidentally bumping my head at the tip of my car door leaving a scar on the side of my right eye

silly chae as always, no wonder Lisa didn't pick you
Wait Lisa

I had forgotten about her.
She can't see me like this, all bruised and stained with blood.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw my stepfather rushing towards my car with another empty glass bottle in his hands. I rolled my eyes and drove off faster than lightning towards Lisa's house.

                                                                                                                ~~~

Before I arrived at Lisa's house, I texted Jisoo telling her to open the door. I didn't want anyone seeing me like this. Seeing me damaged. She was the only one who knew. Well, she kinda figured it out by herself and forced me to tell her how it all began. Ever since then, both I and her felt like we needed to stick by each other and tell each other all the secrets that we've been too scared to reveal to others or hiding for God knows how long which caused me to open up about my stepfather and her having a massive crush on Jennie, Lisa's girlfriend.

I hated admitting it but I still had strong feelings for Lisa, sure they were slowly decreasing each day but I still couldn't help getting jealous every time she and Jennie would kiss in front of me and Jisoo. We would usually act like we didn't care but deep down we just wanted to pull them apart, away from each other as possible.

I knocked lightly on Lisa's door before it unlocked with Jisoo's face being the first thing I saw.

"Hello," I chirped.

"Hey! come in ...Lis and Jen went to the shops to pick up some more stuff for us to eat so you can quickly clean yourself and change into your PJs," she said giving me a sympathy smile

"Thanks, unnie "I breathed out while stepping into the mansion

"Your welcome chipmunk " she replied

"Don't call me that"

She chuckles while closing the door. "You might want to hurry up and change before they come back instead of worrying about me calling you chipmunk. Chipmunk" she said

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes playfully while biting my lip trying to hide the smile on my face

She chuckles again flashing her white teeth but quickly stops turning serious. "But hey seriously are you okay...what happened to your arm"

"I'll tell you later"

"Okay"

"I'm sorry for the little droplets of blood on the ground"

"It's okay babes I'll clean it. You get ready."

I climbed up the stairs and ran towards the guest bathroom cleaning my bleeding arm with the first aid kit that was lying on the bathroom counter near the sink

Why do things like this always happen to me?

I wrapped my arm with a bandage carefully then cleaning the blood off and added a band-aid onto the side of my right eye.

When do I put the first aid kit back where I found it and instantly changed into my PJs before heading downstairs, where I saw her.

"Hey"