CHAPTER 39: Sharing Pain

BELLA PARKER

"Liam."

"Hmm."

Me and Liam, we were in our room while Ryan was already asleep in his room. I was laying beside Liam, my head was resting on his arm and he was playing with my hair.

"Can I ask a question?" I asked.

"How about no?" he replied.

I turned to look at him "But I want to know."

"See I don't have any other option than to answer your question."

I pouted. He smiled and pecked my lips. "You love teasing me, don't you?"

I blushed.

"Please don't get mad." I said hoping he answers my question.

"I won't."

"Why don't you let anyone go and see your paintings? They are beautiful Liam then why?" I was scared as hell while asking him this.

He stared at the ceiling for sometime, with a clenched jaw. "I have reasons."

"I want to know them."

"Bella. Can we please stop this?" He said sitting up from the bed.

I too sat up with him, holding his arm. I said "Liam, you know everything about me but me, I don't know anything about you other than this that Ryan is your son."

"You don't have to know anything else." He said in an angry voice.

I just nodded slowly without arguing, I laid back on the bed turning to my side.

He sighed and called me "Bella." but I didn't reply instead I clutched the duvet tightly and closed my eyes. Without saying anything else he left the room.

What is it that you are hiding Liam?

Why can't you just tell me everything about yourself?

Why are you being like this?

I don't know when did he return because while sobbing, I fell asleep. But the next morning when my eyes opened he was already gone. When I asked Maria she said he had some important meeting, but I know this very well that he is trying to avoid me.

Fine, if he doesn't want to tell me. I won't ask him anymore.

He didn't have to avoid me for that.

I was lost in my thoughts when someone called me "Mommy."

I looked up to see Ryan, who was playing with his shield he eyed me suspiciously "Yes baby."

"What happened? You look lost."

"Nope I am not."

"Yes you are. You shouldn't lie Mommy, it's a bad thing."

"Come here." I called him and he came running to me, making him sit on my lap I hugged him "It's nothing."

"You miss your Nanny, don't you?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Don't be sad Mommy. Dad says that people who die becomes star and shine in the sky, then they watch us from the sky. Your Nanny too must be watching you Mommy and if she sees you sad and crying like this then she would too become sad. So if you want her to be happy then you should stop being sad."

"Hmm.. I see my baby has grown up so much."

He gave me a dull smile then said "Mommy don't be sad please. If you are sad then I too become sad. I don't like the sad side of yours, it doesn't suit you."