Chapter One; Katuki Bakugo

Song: This Town

Singer: Kygo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The beeping of an alarm woke the sleeping blond who quickly shut it off. He groaned as he got up into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes with the heel of his hand. He stared at his lap until he found motivation in standing up. After a few moments, he threw off the blanket covering his legs and swung his feet over the bed. He stood and walked to the dresser, taking out his school uniform. Once he got dressed he left the tie and a few unbuttoned buttons at the top of his dress shirt. He picked up his bag by the door and walked out.

He stopped in the middle of the hallway, his eyes moved to the door right beside him while his body was faced forward. He started counting down in his head, 3.........2...........

    He brought his eyes back to look in front of him and continued walking........1, just as he thought. The door he was once by, flew open and out came a smiling redhead. His hair was spiked up as he always has it. He adjusts the strap from his bag on his shoulder and rushed to the blond.

    "What's up Bakubro?" Kirishima said excitedly as he swung his arm over Bakugo's shoulder. Bakugo gave a small grunt keeping his head forward trying not to look at the sun-blinding shit head next to him.

    As they continued walking together making their way to school, Kirishima talked about how he couldn't wait to see his family over break. Bakugo kept quiet, grunting his responses. Bakugo was oddly quiet and Kirishima seemed to notice this.

    "Hey Bakubro, you alright? You've been kinda quiet the whole way. Everything good?" Bakugo looked at him in a side glance before looking back ahead of him. He hummed and nodded signifying he was fine. Kirishima looked over at Bakugo before continuing to talk about his family and their plans for the break that's coming in a few days. Bakugo didn't know why but he had a strange dream. He cant remember what happened or what it was about all he knew was that he needed to stay quiet when he woke up.

    On their way to the school, they passed many students also on their way. He saw Midoryia and Uraraka talking, Uraraka had a sad expression on her face as she talked. Bakugo tried to listen to their conversation. His ears are surprisingly better than what most people think after his quirk manifested and his explosion got louder as he grew. He would always hear ringing. He later discovered that after a good night's rest his ears would be healed and undamaged by the effects his quirk did the day before, which is one of the reasons Bakugo goes to sleep earlier than most kids his age.

    "I'm gonna miss you guys, I most likely won't be here the day before the break since we are going to see my grandmother."

    "I'm going to miss you too Uraraka!" Midoriya exclaimed. "I hope  your grandmother feels better, tell her I said 'Hi'!" Uraraka nodded. Midoriya opened his mouth to say something before he spotted Bakugo. "O-oh hi Ka-Kacchan!" He stuttered, "Hi Kirishima." He did a small wave and Uraraka turned her head as well.

    "Hey, Midoryia! Sup Uraraka!" Kirishima shouted, giving the world's biggest and brightest smile in Bakugo's mind. Bakugo grunted and turned his head sideways. The four of them walked into school with Midoryia and Kirishima chatting away. Bakugo stared at the brunette next to him, wondering why she was being so quiet before realizing it was none of his business.

    When they got to the door Bakugo suddenly felt cold. Kirishima's arm wasn't around him anymore, Bakugo didn't like that but did nothing except stare at Kirishima as he opened the door to the classroom.

    Bakugo walked in first and sat at his desk staring out of the window, hand under his chin. His mind couldn't help but wander back to that bright smile. Thinking about just makes Bakugo want to smile back at it. He gave a small smile, covering it with his hand before putting back on a scowl. Soon more people or 'extras' as Bakugo liked to call them, came strolling in.

    Everyone seemed to notice something was off in the classroom but couldn't pinpoint it. As everyone talked or did what they usually in the morning, they had a weird feeling as if something was missing.  That was until a certain someone started talking.

    "U-um Ka-Kacchan I was um wondering if you could h-help me with this problem." A small voice squeaked out. Everyone turned their attention on Midoryia as he had his head down towards Bakugo. Bakugo turned his attention towards him before nodding and looking down on Midoryia's paper.

    Everyone was in shock. Not only did they find out what was missing but they took this as an opportunity.

    Bakugo could feel everyone watching him, it made him uncomfortable but he didn't want to make noise. Something in that dream made him quiet today and it bothers him that he doesn't know what. He listens to Midoryia explaining his problem, nodding, and understanding how he got it wrong as he also has made that mistake before.

    He paused for a moment before breaking the silence of his throat and started to explain. His voice came out rough but he did not attempt to fix it. Once he finished explaining he looked up at Midoryia. His eyes were wide and his lips were parted. Bakugo felt more stares as the room was engulfed in silence. "What?" he asked annoyed.

    "Did you just- help Midoryia with his homework?" Sero asked, baffled, and pointing at the two of them.

    Bakugo raised an eyebrow before Hagekure spoke, "You just did something nice." The invisible girl stated. That's when Bakugo lost it. His hands started crackling and smoke started to sizzle surrounding that hand.

    "HEH!? WHAT!? YOU THINK IM INCAPABLE OF BEING NICE?!" More smoke illuminated from his hands. He looked around the room. He stared into Midoryias green orbs. He was scared.

    Bakugos eyes softened and he shook his hand off before grabbing his bag from off the floor. He got up from his desk and started to walk to the door. "I'm leaving."

    "BAKUGO WE NEED TO STAY IN CLASS, SCHOOL IS NOT OVER!" Iida hollered, lifting his arm up and down towards Bakugo.

    Bakugo stopped right in front of the door.

    "If a teacher isn't in homeroom fifteen minutes after school starts the students are free to leave. It's been eighteen minutes." Bakugo walked out after silencing Iida.