Chapter Four; Katsuki Bakugo

Song: Prom Queen Artist: Molly Kate Kestner

Warning; This chapter features some strong language and the start a panic attack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mmm," Bakugo groaned. He slowly opened his eyes and watched the ceiling. He shut his eyes once more and tried to sit up, his elbows supporting him and pushing off them to sitting up.

            The cloth that was on his head fell into his lap. "Hmm?" Bakugo cocked his head, and examined the cloth that he is now holding.

            "Ah, you're awake." A monotone voice stated beside him. Bakugo slightly jumped and looked to his right to see Todoroki, hands in the pocket of his uniform pants.

            "The hell are you doing here Icy-Hot!?" Bakugo shouted, looking up at Todoroki.

    "I came to get you," Todoroki replied.

    "Get me to go where Icy-Hot? And why the hell are you in my room!?" Bakugo continued to shout.

    "I'm taking care of you."

    "The hell?! I don't need to be taken care of!" Bakugo pointed his finger at Todoroki, "And I don't need to be taken care of by you!" 

    Todoroki seemed unfazed by Bakugos yelling and started to speak again, "Are you sick?" Todoroki reached out a hand and went to feel Bakugos forehead. Bakugo smacked Todoroki's hand away.

    "The hell are you doing?! I'm not sick! I don't get sick!" He yelled. Todoroki sighed in front of him. His eyes then got pulled on the chunk of ice in the middle of his room. "What the hell Elsa? Tryin' to freeze my room?!" 

            Todoroki looked back at the ice behind him, "Oh."

            "Oh!? There's a fucking block of ice in my room, damnit!" He shouted. Todoroki just shrugged his shoulders before turning around and melting the ice with his left side.

            Todoroki faces back to Bakugo, "Happy now?"

            I swear I'm going to beat his fucking ass, he thought. He tore off the sheets covering his legs and swung them around over the bed. "The hell did you even come here for anyway?" He asked in a rough voice.

            "I was coming here to bring you back to class. Everyone's waiting there for Aizawa, and us to get back I guess," Todoroki answered. Bakugo examined Todoroki, he could hear in his tone of voice that Todoroki was lying. He also knew that Todoroki would also never come up here to get him, Todoroki has nothing to do with him so.....why? Was Bakugos question.

            "Liar. You don't care if I come back or not so why'd you come?" He asked in a blank voice. Todoroki looked into his eyes, they both stared at each other until Todoroki finally gave in. He didn't drop his gaze though.

            "You acted differently this morning." Bakugo raised an eyebrow, still staring into Todoroki's eyes.

            "You sayin' I can't be nice?"

            "No."

            "Then what?"

            "You looked at Midoriya differently."

            "How so?"

            Todoroki hesitated before answering Bakugo. Todoroki felt scared in some way. It could have been Bakugo's scary, calm face or his even, not so loud voice. Even though he felt frightened, he wasn't going to back down nor was he going to show it.

            "Over the years I had to learn how to read people. Guys like you don't change just like that, something must have happened."

            Bakugo hummed. "Change how?"

            "You're eyes. They softened, which brings the question: What made you change?"

            Bakugo stayed quiet. He can't say anything without making himself look weak. His mind was flooded with little noises of places and people he'd wanted to forget.

            "Oh, that reminds me. When I arrived you were passed out on the floor, care to explain why?"

            Bakugo thought back to before Todoroki came when he came into his dorm. He remembered the article title, it's bold letters flashing every time he blinked.

            He looked off to the side staring at the floor, clutching the now warm cloth wash. "None of your business damn Icy-Hot!" He raised his voice, getting up from sitting on the bed and chucking the cloth behind him on the bed.

            "It's something."

            "It's not, now fuck off!"

            "What's wrong?"

            "Nothing you bastard, now leave me the hell alone!"

            "Are you ok, Bakugo?"

            "Just peachy, Icy-Hot. So, go away!"

            "Bakugo, face me."

            "Screw you!"

            "Bakugo, you're acting like a child."

            "I am a child!"

            Todoroki sighed. "Bakugo,"

            A weak voice let out a small, mutter.   "It's fine Todoroki. Just, just please-" the voice cracked.

            "Bakugo?" Todoroki slowly tip-toed his way towards the blond, trying to not make a sound. Todoroki was just a yard away when a sniffle could be heard.

    He couldn't stop. Bakugo couldn't stop the tears from falling. He tried shutting his eyes as tight as he could but the flow of tears broke through and slid down his cheeks. It burned, his eyes, his cheeks as the tears dripped down.

    "What?" Todoroki asked, his hand out to the back turned blond. Fingers close to brushing his back.

    "...an," he gripped his spikey blond hair, pulling it as more and more tears fell and his sobs became clear.

    "Bakugo..."

    The blond tugged harder in his hair, his mumbling becoming screaming in his mind. They yelled and he repeated, "Villain. Villain. I'm a villain. I'm a villain. Villain. Home, go. Don't, no home."

    Todoroki stood behind shocked. He repeated the words 'Villain' over and over again. His cries became so loud they felt like screams through his burning throat.

    "Bakugo!" Todoroki gripped Bakugo's arm that was held in front of him, making the blond drop what he was holding. Todoroki pulled him in and wrapped his arms around him tight. "I'm here, I'm here."

    "Villain. Me. Always me, villain. Home, dark. No, no home. Villain, I'm a villain. I'm a-"

    "Stop! You're a hero, brave, strong," Todoroki shouted. "Please, Bakugo come back. I'm here, I'm here."

    Todoroki felt two arms wrap around his torso.