Chapter Three; Shoto Todoroki

Song: Numb Artist: Carlie Hanson

Nightcore Channel: U N D E R D O G S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something was different with Bakugo, he could feel it. The way he looked at Midoriya it was like he softened but why? The class was stunned and started asking Iida if what Bakugo said was true.

    "Can we really leave?"  Uraraka asked Iida. Iida furrows his eyebrows, shutting his eyes closed tight he takes in a deep breath.

    "Bakugo is correct, we may leave but we are still in school and Aizawa is a pro hero who could be late because of his hero work. I still suggest we stay so for when he comes back we wouldn't have to walk back to school."

    Uraraka nodded, "I guess that makes sense..." her voice trailing off. "Should we ask another teacher? Maybe they know where he is!"

    "I suggest we stay here in class, the rest of the teachers are probably teaching their classes anyway," Shoji adds. Tokoyami nods beside him.

    "What about Kacchan?" Midoriya asks. Kirishima opens his mouth but before he could speak a monotoned voice spoke from behind him.

    "I'll go," Todoroki said, standing up from his desk.

    "A-are you sure Todoroki-Kun?" Midoriya asks having a hand outstretched to Todoroki who already started walking to the door.

    "I'm sure," and closed the door behind him. What is going on with him today? Todoroki thought. He walked down the corridors of U.A. Each step he took, echos from his shoes could be heard but nothing else. He decided to go down the stairs since he was closer to them. He walked down them for what felt like forever until he was met with another hallway. His shoes made click-clack noises each step of the way and the bare, empty walls repeating the noise until he reached the exit. Walking out, he went towards the five-floor dorms building. Walking through the door and passing the lounge, Todorki went straight to the elevator.

    He pressed the second-highest button, the one below the button he usually presses to get to his floor and dorm room. Once he pressed it he let his hand drop to his side. He stared at the line splitting into two closed doors in front of him. The soft hum of the elevator rising, the beeping noise when it gets to a floor.

    There was one long final beep before the lift came to a stop and the line that separated the two doors disappeared.

    As the elevator doors opened halfway he saw a body of a boy on the floor. "Bakugo?" Todoroki whispered. As soon as the doors opened fully he saw the spikey blond sprawled on the floor. Todoroki ran to the boy and kneeled beside him, pushing his book bag, along with the books that fell out, to the side.

    Bakugo was laying on his side, one arm stretched out the other bent toward his face with his fingers relaxed. His legs were bent as well as they were close to curling in next to his stomach.

    Todoroki softly grabbed Bakugo's shoulder that wasn't on the ground and gently pushed it so Bakugo was on his back. "Bakugo?" Todoroki said softly once again. He heard Bakugos hard breathing, Todoroki put his hands on Bakugos cheek, slowly lifted and placed it back down again on his forehead. He pushed back the bangs a bit and felt as Bakugo's forehead was heating up.

    He removed his hand and using his left hand, he put it under Bakugo's head and carefully lifting his head. Todoroki hovered slightly over Bakugo and slithered his right arm under Bakugos shoulder to his upper back just under the neck.

    He lifted Bakugo to a sitting position before letting Bakugo lean onto Todoroki's chest. He repositioned Bakugo so his head was laying against his shoulder but not on top of it. He moved his left hand that was on his head to Bakugo's shoulder that wasn't leaning on Todoroki.

    He removed his right arm and put it under Bakugos legs where his knees are. He moved Bakugos body closer to him before standing up. He walked over to Bakugo's door which is right under his from the floor above.

    Lucky for him, the door wasn't closed. Todoroki pushed with his shoulder and sideways walked through the doorway in the dorm. Shifting his body back to facing forward, Todoroki looked down at Bakugos face resting against his shoulder. His soft breath blowing against his neck. Bakugo, what is going on with you?

    Todoroki laid the blond boy down on the bed after moving the sheets. Sliding his arms out from under the blond he moved over to Bakugos legs. He untied his shoes and slid them off, dropping it off on the floor. Todoroki went back up and carefully took off his school jacket. He pulled the covers over him.

    Todoroki took one last look at Bakugo before stepping out of the dorm. He gathers Bakugos books and bags that had fallen on the floor. As he carefully placed the book in the bag he noticed a glare from the corner of his eye. Todoroki turned his head and saw a black screen laying on the floor. He picked it up and recognized it as Bakugo's phone so he also placed it in Bakugo's bookbag.

    He walked back into Bakugo's dorm and looked around for the keys. Todoroki checked Bakugo's pockets carefully, not to wake him, and pulled out a set of keys. He walked out of the dorm and went back into the elevator. Pressing the lowest button he stood there waiting until he heard the ding.

    After a few moments, the elevator doors opened and he walked into the lounge. He walked past the island and went to the drawer in the corner. He opened it and pulled out one of the many neatly stacked square cloths. Closing the drawer with only his fingertips as he was turning, Todoroki went to the sink.    

    He turned on the tap and let the cold water soak the cloth. Is he sick? No, he looked fine this morning. Not even morning he was fine 15 minutes ago so, what? What happened to him?

    Todoroki turned off the tap and rung out the cloth a small bit so it wasn't dripping on the floor. He carefully held it as he made his way back up to the dorm room. He slowly took out the set of keys that were Bakugos and opened the door.

    Todoroki closed the door behind him and continued to walk towards the sleeping Bakugo. Slowly placing the cold cloth on Bakugos forehead, Todoroki felt..........strange.

    He felt as if he was being watched. This made the Heterochromia boy very nervous. He straightened up and hovered his right hand over Bakugo's cheek. He softly activated his quirk but not enough for the blond to feel. His head was down and his eyes moving back and forth.

            He listened close, feeling any movements being made other than his. He didn't like it. He didn't like it one bit.

            He slowly counted in his mind, he had to get the timing perfect. 10...... nothing but silence in the room. 7...... his heart pounded in his chest 4...... his body was still, and that's when he felt it. A cold, dead breath against his neck.

            1......

            He jolted his hand from Bakugos cheek, turned 180 degrees on his heel, and shot out ice. The icicles only dropped to the ground, and the room had no one else in it besides Bakugo and himself.

            Todoroki let out a frustrated sigh and continued to look around the room, his eyes darted to every corner.

            Shuffling was heard from behind and along came a tired groan.