018

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

Everyone has now completed their final exams. Sadly, Mina and Karmiari didn't pass and Mina was very upset about it.

"I don't blame you; Nezu creeps the fuck outta me." Jimi rubbed Mina's back.

"I look forward to hearing stories about how camp went." Mina sobbed.

Her and Kaminari were in the dumps. Mina was crying and Karminari looked to be on the verge of screaming.

"I'm not sure I'll get to go either. Our team only passed thanks to Mineta. I got knocked out. And since we don't know how they're scoring stuff, I might flunk." Sero said to Karminari, who started yelling at him.

The soot opened and everyone scrambled to get in their seats. "Once the bell rings, you should be in your seats."

"Morning. Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So when it comes to the training camp in the woods," Aizawa paused for effect. "Everyone is going!"

"Wait, really?" Kaminari asked.

"Yeah. The good news is that no one bombed the written exam. Three failed the practical badly. One team and then Sero failed as well. Allow me to explain. For the practical battles, the teacher made sure there was a way for the students to win. Otherwise, you never would have stood a chance. We were interested in observing how you worked together and approached the task at hand." Aizawa said.

"But didn't you promise that the teachers wouldn't be holding back?" Ojiro asked.

"That was just to get you on edge. Besides the training camp will focus on building your strength. Those who failed need those lessons the most. We were never going to separate you. That was just a logical deception we used." Aizawa gave a shit-eating grin.

Iida stood up quickly. "Mr. Aizawa, this is the second time you've lied to us, aren't you afraid we'll lose faith in you?"

"That's a good point." Aizawa said. "I'll consider it. But I wasn't lying to you about everything. Failure is failure. We've prepared extra lessons for the three of you. Frankly, they'll be far tougher than what you'd face at summer school."

---

It was after class and the girls were hudding in the back of the classroom around Momo's desk. Jimi included.

"Wait, so we're not supposed to take any long trips over summer vacation?" Uraraka repeated.

"Yeah. Apparently that's what the school said." Jirou said.

Jimi grabbed Mina's hand and brought it up to her face to place a gentle kiss on the back of it. Mina smiled at the gesture.

"How unfortunate. I was supposed to spend several weeks touring Venise with my parents." Momo said sadly.

"What is your life?" Uraraka asked.

"Aww. And I just bought like a bajillion new swimsuits." Mina groaned.

"Well, turns out that's what happens when your class is attacked by the league of Villains." Jirou reasoned.

Mina then started to wave her arms around, making her and Jimi's still attached hands fly everywhere.

"I wanna do something! I don't wanna spend my whole summer bored." She yelled.

Jimi leaned in close to Mina's ear. "You could always model those new swimsuits for me."

A blush spread across Mina's face but her smile widened.

"Sure!"

"Great." Jimi grinned.

---

Mina brought Jimi over to the girls, who were talking about needed stuff for the camp.

"Ooh! Since we're all off tomorrow, why don't we all go shopping?" Momo asked.

"Hey, yeah! We've never hung out as a class before." Kaminari said.

"Bakugo, see you there, right?" Kirishima asked Bakugo as he walked away.

"I can't think of anything more annoying." He mumbled.

Now, everyone was in their own little conversations as people finished packing up.

"You'll come, right? I know how you feel about crowded spaces." Mina asked her girlfriend.

Jimi smiled and nodded.

"Great!"

---

After Jimi walked Mina home that afternoon, instead of heading home, she decided to visit her mother.

First, she bought a simple white rose from the flower shop that was on the way to the graveyard.

"You've come here and bought the same flower every time I see you. Could I get your name, by any chance?" The old lady of the shop asked Jimi.

Jimi gave her a small smile. "It's Jimi."

"No last name?"

"Just Jimi for now." Jimi paid and continued her walk.

When she got to the top of the hill her mother was buried on, she set her bag aside and kneeled in front of the grave.

Tanaka Mizuki

2368-2406

A beloved friend

Placing the rose on the gravestone, Jimi sat there in silence. That was, until footsteps were heard. She thought nothing of it; people visit their loved one all the time. But, when the steps stopped themselves behind Jimi, her guard was automatically on. But when she saw the shadow, she relaxed.

"How did you find me?" She asked.

"I'm a pro hero. I know how to follow people."

Jimi scowled. "I've done nothing wrong so there is no reason for you to follow me."

The man stood still for a few minutes until Jimi rose and grabbed her bag.

"Can I help you?" She asked again, still peering at the grave.

"She was such a sweet girl." The man trailed.

Jimi clenched her fists.

"I did some digging into your records." He paused for effect. "How come you didn't tell me before?"

"What right do you have to look into my life?" Jimi turned around in a furry and pointed her finger in the man's face.

"Every right."

Jimi scoffed. "And what did you find?"

"Take a guess." He raised a brow.

Jimi's eyes were filled with rage, sadness, and betrayal that she always hid behind a mask. But the man saw through it all. After all...

"I'm your father."

END OF SEASON TWO