nine

nine.
WAIT. IS THAT AJ TOMLINSON?

 IS THAT AJ TOMLINSON?

"that's tough." aj said. "stop saying that!" luke said as he looked into the fridge. aj sitting on the table, eating strawberries she found on a plate. julie then walked into the kitchen. "ah! i'm never, gonna get used to that." she sighed. "do you guys even eat?" julie asked.

"just aj. i just wanna see what you got." luke shook his head. julie took something out of the fridge and closed it. aj laughed. "hey! you know how long it took me to open that?" he complained. "sorry i don't believe in wasting power." julie said. "good. cause that's exactly what we wanted to talk to you about." luke said. "our power usage?" she asked.

"no. the power that you have." luke said. julie looked at aj. "your voice." she said. "your piano playing. plus aj's skills. dude you're like a human wrecking ball." luke said. julie scoffed. "is this a pep talk?" she joked. "what i'm saying is that aj motivated you to start again. now you guys got the power to move people.

to knock them off their feet. but she's not entirely alive right now. and there is no way your teachers wouldn't let you back into school if they heard you play like that." luke said. "i asked her and she said i have to wait until next semester." julie said. "tough." aj said.

"that was your first mistake. asking." luke said, sitting on the counter. "isn't that what you do when you want something? i'm sorry or am i dumb?" aj said. "sunset curve booked gigs by doing. we went into ambush mode. we played in front of clubs, we played in back of clubs, we even played book clubs." he said.

"book clubs?" julie and aj said together. "yeah, we didn't get many gigs out of that one but they did have some gnarly snacks." luke chuckled. "i'm just saying. don't ask for permission. swing that wrecking ball talent of yours." he said swinging his legs up into the air. making the two stop what they were doing. "into your teachers head and smash those stupid rules right out of their brains." luke said. "it's a school luke." aj said.

"and your plan sounds violent." julie adds. "it's a closed door. and you gotta bust it open!" luke said. julie sighed and luke looked at aj with a smile, before resting his arms next to her. "sorry. once i start with the metaphors. i can't stop. i learned that in book club." he said proudly.

"cute." aj nods. "they're not just gonna let me back in." she said. "if getting back into music is what you want. then you gotta go for it j. it shouldn't drag you down, it's something you're passionate about." aj advised as luke pointed at her agreeing. "learn from me. us. your tainted hot dog can be right around the corner." he said. "don't say that." aj tells him.

"could be true." he said, swishing her cheek. she smacked his hands away. julie stopped herself from eating her snack. "i don't even have anything prepared." julie said. "thought you'd say that." aj hit luke with a nod. luke pulled out a folded paper.

"it's called bright. it's a sunset curve song that i wrote. aj just helped me finish the lyrics last night. she's really good at song writing. bet she got it from her brother. but it's perfect for our range." luke explained. "and just check out the chorus! if you add a little bit of piano, aj's vocals. i'm telling you!" luke said. "aj finally gave in?" julie laughed.