seventeen

17.
YOU'RE FUCKING WITH ME
RIGHT?

aj landed in front of their house

aj landed in front of their house. she knew he was home. they were home. she let out a shaky breath, reminding herself this isn't the first time she's been here.

as she walked in. looking around to the same awards, albums, everything a musician would want to wake up too. she softly smiled before hearing voices in the room. her smile faded, she walked peaking through the door.

"i'm losing hope harry." the voice of her step brother broke her heart. louis' head was rested on harry's shoulder as he held lou's waist, afraid he'd fall apart right there. lottie stood right next to lou, rubbing his shoulder. "she's not leaving us lou." harry replied.

all the times she's been here. it's only been louis, lottie, and her sisters. hearing his voice made her want to break down more. "i really don't want her too.. do you think she listens to us? my music? ours?" louis asked as aj mumbled a small yes. "of course." lottie answered. "did you finally go into her room?" harry asked.

louis nods weakly. "the sunset curve t shirt is still on her bed, so was the cd." he said. "rose gave that to you?" aj's eyebrows furrow at the mention of the name. "yeah. maybe they've talked and met each other."

"i opened her book. it's full of lyrics. there was these songs she wrote. she never showed us." louis stood up as his shaking hand took her book softly. he opened it. ".. she left some messages on the last page. it's all her songs listed."
louis flipped to the page.

"space." harry whispered. the note at the bottom of the page said i love you boys. but i needed space that time.
eyes wide open. don't let it stop you lou. i didn't.

two young hearts. you'll get your time with each other.
in my bed, that wasn't me when i snapped at you boys. i was in the worst state that time.
strong, i need you.
run and hide, he's toxic and manipulative. but there's always apart of me waiting for him.
in my head, i keep thinking he will change.
hurts so good, because i can't leave.
smoke and fire, i sighed the contract.
exhale, i can't breathe.
if i could fly, i miss you.
never forget you, once upon a time we were all okay.
raindrops, it'll be okay.
fire n gold, even through the dark we're shining.
drag me down, thank you for staying. finish the song.
happiness, i'm okay.

"i just. i just want to know if she's okay you know. is she happy? i don't want to move on yet. i can't. it's been years, she's the only one giving me hope. mj. she- she came yesterday. she's out of custody, she's on her own. 21. she's coming back, said she needed to show me something." louis said.

"i didn't know she was under so much." harry mumbled. "can we go to her room?" harry and lottie immediately nod as they walked away. aj watched them before walking in.

a plan in her head, something she's been planning. she quickly took her book, ripped out the page quietly and wrote something before placing another folded paper tucked to the side of it.

the doorbell rang. "hey mj." louis said. mj ignored him with a panicked look, walking straight to her small hospital house room. "mj? what's wrong?" harry asked as they followed her.

"y-you guys believe in ghosts right?" she suddenly asked. the three look at each other confused. "sure?" harry answered in question. mj then unfolded a paper, handing louis it. as he read it, his breathing stopped.

it was a poster, a place called eats&beats in the city of angels. not to long from here. their eyes landed to familiar hand writing. come watch me with julie and the phantoms, diana.

"you're fucking with me right?" louis asked, his mood changed. "i was gonna ask you the same thing." mj said. "um. guys." lottie said. they walk over, looking at the paper on the table. louis noticing aj's book was gone but the list full of her songs with the messages stayed. except there was a new song.

symphony, before all i heard was silence. now everyone can hear me. and i hope you can too.

harry picked up the folded paper behind it. as he unfolded it, they realized it was the same paper mj had.

oh yeah. when you go, inform some managements. not modest. or any of the horrible ones. i wanna see you again.
- rory

he knew. this was her. nobody ever called her rory except for him and harry, the boys and her sisters. and only their crew knew that, so who else would be fucking with him?

"lou.. are you thinking of-" "duh."