eighteen

18.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FU-

the three were now rehearsing before luke popped in

the three were now rehearsing before luke popped in. "woah, julie." he said. "grab your guitar. we got work to do." she said. he chuckled and took his guitar, walking back to julie.

"what made you come back?" luke asked. "i realized how important music is to all of us. and we've lost so much already. we can't lose this too." julie said. "thanks." luke mumbled.

"alright boss, where we at?" luke said as julie chuckled. before anyone could say anything, aj walked in almost in the happiest mood skipping in. mumbling and singing the lines of 'im sorry if i say i need ya. but i don't care. i'm not scared' her eyes were closed with a big smile. "someone's in a good mood." julie laughed. aj stopped.

"oh shit. it worked." she asked, more directly toward alex and reggie. "what's that?" luke asked pointing towards her book, looked more of a journal. with small writings and drawings on it. on the back, there were signatures. "just. my writing." she said laughing nervously.

they stayed quiet before alex broke the silence. "is that your like song book?" aj looked up. "sorry. your guys's video diaries are really fun to watch and you always had that book while you and the boys were... working." aj shut her eyes tightly, damn those video diaries. "wait. that's your old song book?" julie asked.

".. maybe." aj said, taking a seat on the couch with her guitar and placed her book on the table. the four look at each other and dashed towards her. aj jumped back as luke took her book, flipping through all the pages.

the others huddling around him. she rolled her eyes, snatching the book. "hold up, you wrote drag me down?" julie asked, that song was a local but it was a hit. "with louis first, the boys came along after."

"so some of yours and their unreleased songs are in there?" julie asked with wide eyes. who wouldn't want to see their unreleased songs. "wait.. so. so. you went to visit him?" alex asked. she slumped down in her seat, her hand stopped at the corner of one page.

"i had to." she mumbled. "so. let me ask you this. you're gonna perform one of these songs tonight?" aj looked up at luke with a smile. "can you guys learn the instrumental version of the song i already have in mind?" she asked.