fourteen

14.
MY LIPS AND MY SOLES
ARE RED.

the place quieted down

the place quieted down. "please welcome. aurora jacks! looking at me!" they introduced her by her full name. "ah. that's the name of the song. figured." caleb said to willie.

the music then started, the sound of a trumpet. "ohh." they heard her voice and then the beat starts joining in with the trumpet. everyone turned to the side of the stage where aj was wearing a beautiful red dress and her hair was down. more hair parted to the right side, she now had golden heels on. her makeup was fixed more, not that you couldn't tell. just the dark red lips luke couldn't keep his eyes off of.

again walking to the beat like a model. "oh, yeah." she poofed on the table where all her friends were sat. everyone now knew that was apart of the performance. "did i catch your attention? you look like you lost your breath." she starts. "huh." the people at her table stood up.

"when i circle the room, you an owl, you gon' twist your head." she poofed right behind reggie as she circled him, really making him twist his head. "don't you." suddenly luke's chair was pulled out as aj made his way towards him. "come at me green with an attitude." his eyes widen when her dress flashed a little green.

"when my lips and my soles are red." them went back to red. "if i leave you behind, you can look for the broken necks." she took luke's hand and went on the table. "no, no." her group sang as they went around the place.

"cause i've been here once or twice." she bent down to meet eye level with caleb. "never worry 'bout the eyes." she shook her head before standing up. "come on!" and poofed right at the stage with caleb's home band behind her too.

"don't just stand there staring, honey. try to move your feet." alex picked up luke's jaw as the boys all stared in shock. this is something they thought aj would never write. "if you think they looking at you." she appeared right in front of caleb, pointing to him. "they looking at me." she pointed to herself twirling around.

"i can make it nice and easy." she stopped at alex. "imma take the lead." she took his hand, making him stand up as she twirled him. "they ain't even looking at you, baby. they looking at me." she sang running around to get her group. "they looking at me." they followed her to the same table.