twenty eight

28.
HOLY SHIT. AJ!

 AJ!

"where's julie?" louis asked running towards flynn

"where's julie?" louis asked running towards flynn. she looked up at him, not saying anything. she pointed towards the exit. he slowly and quietly tried to open the door, "i just wish you were here.." his heart broke hearing her broken voice. looking down at the ground.

he knew this was the last thing rose gave to him before he left back to his home town. but she needed it the most, he took a breath and walked towards her. putting a hand on her shoulder. "your mom gave this to me before i left to doncaster. it was her favorite, she told me if we ever see each other again. she would probably have you.." julie looked at the flower and a bracelet filled with charms of rose's choice. she looked back to louis.

he softly smiled. "rose wanted me to have this. but now i want you to have it. they'll come, aj promised me." louis said rubbing her shoulder one last time, as julie smiled at him. he nods before walking back into the building. "she coming?" harry asked.

"pretty sure." right when he said that, julie came in quickly. showing flynn the flower with the bracelet on her wrist and making her way towards the stage. "wait! where are you going?" flynn asked. "she's going on stage!" niall shouts jumping up, "hold on. julie just walked onto the stage."

"that's my girl." flynn said causing louis to smile, watching as the girl went up. "welcome to live at the orpheum. now give it up for julie and the phantoms." the announcer says. "wow." julie whispered, the place was more crowded than she expected. the bottom and top was filled up, some were watching from outside of the doors. the crowd cheers clapping.

julie placed the flower onto her keyboards. "hi. i'm julie. um.. tonight. i'd like to dedicate this song to my mom, who's been there with me every time i've played. and thank her for.. not giving up on me." she started before taking a pause and continuing.

"i'd also like to dedicate tonight's performance to my mom's friend. and um to.. four special friends. who have changed my life completely. who have brought music back to me. it was their dream to play here and.. this is for them. this song is for anyone who's lost their way. step into your greatness. don't give up. stand tall." she finished bringing lou back to the times where he felt like giving up after everything that happened to him.

"thank you." julie said as they all erupted into cheers and applause. she placed her mic on the stand and her hands on the keyboard. louis started walking closer to get a better look, she starts to play the keys to her song. "don't blink. no, i don't want to miss it. one thing, and it's back to the beginning cause everything is rushing in fast, keep going on never look back." louis looked over at his four old band mates who wore impressed faces on.

"and it's one, two, three, four times that i'll try for one more night. light a fire in my eyes, i'm going out of my mind." louis smiled turning back to julie, she really reminded him of rose.

"whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'm a stand tall. i'm a stand tall, whatever happens even when everything's down. i'm a stand tall." she sang. "you sure aj's coming?" zayn asked both louis and harry. harry nods. "of course she is. she promised." louis said, zayn only nods.

"i gotta keep on dreaming cause i gotta catch that feeling. whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'm a stand tall." louis growing nervous, he believed they were supposed to show up around now. "i'ma stand tall." a whoosing sound was heard, louis' smiled grew as alex appeared with his drum set. dressed in a pink suit.

the crowd cheers. "what! woah. how!" the boys was now quick to answer. julie looked at him in shock before her face relaxed into a smile. reggie then appeared next to her. "right now. i'm loving every minute. hands down, can't let myself forget it, no." she let her eyes stay on the two.

"cause everything is rushing in fast, keep holding on nevеr look back." julie raised her voice. aj tomlinson. appeared right in the middle, another mic stand next to her which was meant to be julie's. immediately the crowd roared when they saw her, the new rhythmic guitarist bobby then realized.

"and it's one, two, three, four times." aj and julie sang together, the four boys ran towards louis to get a better look. "holy shit. aj!" niall yelled. "that i'll try for one morе night." luke tried to appear, he was almost as if glitching to the crowds eyes as they gasp. "light a fire in my eyes." the boys were now looking at each other in fear. he continued to glitch.

julie, aj, and the boys look at each other in worry. "i'm going out of my mind." luke finally appeared, he sang as the crowd screamed. julie smiled taking off her mic as she ran towards the middle.

"whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'ma stand tall, i'ma stand tall." aj joined in, as luke and her stared at each other. "whatever happens even when everything's down. i'ma stand tall
i'ma stand tall. i gotta keep on dreaming
cause i gotta catch that feeling. whatever happens. even if i'm the last standing. i'ma stand tall, i'ma stand tall."

reggie, julie, and aj made their way down the stage. "like i'm glowing in the dark." julie sang. the crowd cheered, reaching for the three. "i keep on going when it's all falling apart." aj and luke then sang with her. "yeah i know it with all my heart." aj and reggie leaned on julie who faced the front. "ooh, ooh."

"never look back!" luke sang. "whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'ma stand tall, i'ma stand tall." alex stood up, they turned towards him as the crowd cheers. "whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'ma stand tall." reggie then sang. aj sharing his mic as she joined. "i'ma stand tall." they both sang.
"stand tall." julie joined. "stand tall." then luke and alex.

"whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'ma stand tall." aj and julie jumped around together in the middle.
"i'ma stand tall, whatever happens even when everything's down. i'ma stand tall
i'ma stand tall." aj softly pushed julie towards luke as she ran towards the five boys she hadn't seen together in years.

"i gotta keep on dreaming." luke and julie then shared a mic. aj laughed almost tearing up when she saw her five older brothers and all their families behind them, waving at her. "cause i gotta catch that feeling." reggie took aj's arm, she gave her boys a small smile before walking down the stage.

"whatever happens even if i'm the last standing. i'ma stand tall." aj in between reggie and julie. "i'ma stand tall." the five finished, aj grabbed reggie's and julie's hand. as luke grabbed alex's hand. the crowd screamed, luke moved his head a little to look at aj. she gave him a smile to which she returned. the five put their arms up, and bowed. where the boys disappeared making the audience gasp but was still cheering.

julie looked around her, the only one there was aj who was still holding her hand. julie waved at the crowd. "your fans are unbelievable." julie whispered to aj as she pointed towards all the sighs they made. "those are my boys babies." aj shrugged. julie laughed.

"are you guys ready for aj?" julie asked, the crowd cheered. "you ready for one direction? finally!" julie continued. the audience erupted into more screams, louder than ever. "we really need to get a bigger venue." julie said to aj. "it'll happen." aj nods.