twenty five

25.
WAIT CHANGE MY MIND,
I LIKE WALLS AND ICARUS FALLS.

 WAIT CHANGE MY MIND,I LIKE WALLS AND ICARUS FALLS

aj played with her rings

aj played with her rings. approaching luke who was leaning on the porch. he looked up, she softly smiled. "hey." she said. "hey." he answered back. "i'm sorry for overstepping, i know julie told you i said to this." she apologized. "no. it's completely fine, that was.." she nods. "you don't have to say anything."

"yeah i do. uh. i didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents. especially my mom, so." he looked into her bright eyes. "thank you." he said. "yeah. i get it luke. i ran out on louis, and the boys. my family when i felt i couldn't breathe and they wouldn't understand. i got you guys, now i'm more connected to them. so i thought maybe i wanted to do the same thing for you."

"that was perfect." he softly took one of her hands, stopping her from playing with her rings. she looked down at their hands, a soft hand was brought up to her face. luke cracked a smile lifted up her chin, she was blushing. "you have no idea what you do to me." he whispered causing her to shyly shift her eyes down. aj relaxed at the feeling of luke caressing her cheek gently.

"aj." she looked up and that look she had on. it made her look so smol and innocent. "if i kissed you, would you mind?" he asked moving closer. she tensed up. "no." she mumbled. he smiled leaning down. "but louis might have a problem. or maybe harry-" she started to ramble, luke chuckled. "aj." he said. she stopped rambling looking into each other's eyes, clutching onto his hand tightly.

"no, i wouldn't mind." she whispered closing her eyes as he felt him move her closer, letting go of her hand slipping an arm around her waist. luke softly placed his lips onto hers, she returned the gesture moving her hand to his cheek. he then smiled into the kiss, which made aj follow that action.

the two let go slowly, their eyes flickering between eyes and lips. aj suddenly got all shy again, dropping her eyes back down. slowly removing her hands, now playing with her rings again as she faced the other way. luke licked his lips, backing away slightly with a smirk. "this is an interesting little relationship you and i have." he says facing the same way.

aj smiled looking at him from the side, she chuckled, humming as if to agree. she watched as he brought his fingers to his lips. "your lips kind of taste like cherry or strawberries." he said. "shut it." luke grins. "oh right! forgot to tell you, julie and flynn told me the video that her dad made is trending on youtube." she explained. luke shook his head, shrugging.

"of course. right. you don't know what that means. it means people love our music." she said looking away. "hey. how did you know about the caleb things and stamps?" luke asked, shifting his whole body to face her. aj sighs, putting her hands into her pockets.

"i used to be in that place. somehow, managed to escape it because of kacey. i didn't exactly know what to do, she helped me... did you figure out your unfinished business?" she now shifted her whole body to him.

he nods. "we have to play the show we never got to play." she nods. "at the orpheum. makes sense, i thought that was my unfinished business too but i didn't get to finish it." he was suddenly hit by another one of those jolts. aj turned her head slightly, scrunching her nose as his back hit the pole.

"what was that? are you okay?" the two jumped, looking towards julie who was walking into her front yard. aj and luke looked over at each other with nervous looks. ".. we did something that we shouldn't have. that night we missed the dance, we met this ghost and he put this curse on us. and if we don't do what he says then those jolts will destroy us." luke explained as aj helped him get back up softly.

"well then you gotta do what he says. what does he want?" she asked. luke looked at aj, she just nods. he then takes aj's hand. "he wants us to be in his house band for eternity." her face turns into realization. "but if we can okay the orpheum soon, then we can avoid all that and actually cross over."

"cross over? as in like what? like go to heaven?" she asked. "that's what we're banking on." luke said. "so it's either you cross over, aj's stuck with me, you guys be in his band for eternity or be destroyed by those jolts?" julie asked. "yeah." aj softly rubbed his knuckles. julie scoffs. "that's just great." the two watches as she walked away. "julie.."

the three boys now just gave up, after almost trying to much to convince them to snap out of it. aj just joined them, she was cuddled with luke. his arm wrapped around her, her head in between luke and alex. alex trying to balance his drum sticks on his face. reggie on the chair, discordant note twangs from his bass. "i made the boys listen to the boys solo music." alex said. aj looked up.

"really? what're your favorites? of course i'm gonna say walls, but really. walls. underrated." she says, the boys nod. "hs1. hands down." alex spoke, aj hums. "okay but wait have you listened to 5sos." alex added. "whattt. i like heartbreak weather, no judgement is mmm." reggie said. "wait. change my mind, i like walls and icarus falls." aj states, immediately the boys agree.

"okay but harry better release medicine or i might die again. that's a song aj and i would love." alex points out, nudging aj. she nods, agreeing to his thought. "and anna." luke adds. "lover of mine is so good."

"in love with only angel on hs1 though." luke said. alex and aj nods. "you know, the start of only angel is like.. you're entering heaven and then you just. uh." reggie explained. "you just drop somewhere else." alex said. "like you're entering heaven then on your way to hell." aj explained and the boys agreed. aj looked over as julie walked in, her face dropping when she saw them.

she sighs. "snap out of it!" she yelled, as alex jumped falling off the couch. one of his drumsticks hitting aj's nose, to which she scrunched her nose. mumbling an ow. "jeez, i think you broke alex." reggie said. "do you guys wanna cross over or what?" she asked. "i've tried convincing them." aj shrugged, snuggling more into luke.

luke and aj both helping alex back up to the couch. "get it together!" she clapped her hands. "they're never gonna let us play the orpheum." luke mumbled. aj rolled her eyes. "i've told you three a million times. i could get my brother to help!" she argued. they ignored her.

"we're nobody." "we're less than nobody, we have no bodies." luke snaps his fingers towards reggie. "someone once told me that you don't ask for permission." luke chuckled looking down at aj. "you book gigs by doing."

"that was me." reggie says. "no it wasn't." julie responds. "no it wasn't." luke followed as aj shook her head. "this isn't over! we were brought together for a reason, to help each other." julie explained. "yeah but like luke said. people don't just okay the orpheum because they want to." alex said. aj smacked her hand on her forehead, taking a breath.

"i told you all louis can help-" luke covers her mouth. she sighed. "people don't, but ghosts do." aj looked up at the boys who were now giving each other looks. "are you serious? that changes your mind? completely. honestly screw-"