prologue

it was a rainy day. possibly one of the worst days for kyungmi.

she groaned as she stepped out into the dull world, only using her hand as an attempt to block the droplets from hitting her head which led to no avail.

kyungmi took a look at her watch and realized she was going to be late. she immediately regret letting her brother take the car.

her feet began to move forward, catching some speed to make it to her job on time.

she squeezed and ran through the people who walked the streets holding their umbrellas, mentally slapping herself for not buying an umbrella like a smart person.

her thoughts were cut short by the feeling of another body colliding with hers.

she heard the person mutter a "shit." and tried to salvage the papers that fell onto the wet ground.

kyungmi immediately went to his side and tried to help him, earning nothing but a glare.

"watch where you're fucking going." he said coldly and she furrowed his eyebrows.

he spent no time to converse with the girl and got up after grabbing the now damp papers, letting out a sigh that they weren't completely ruined. he continued running off, going the opposite direction from kyungmi who stood there dumbfounded.

all of a sudden, she felt a stinging pain in her head and wrist, making her wince.

though she felt pain, she continued her way to work, walking quickly instead of running to avoid bumping into people again.

the man who she bumped into felt the same thing as her, a stinging pain in his head and wrist, but chose to ignore it; he had to get those papers to his office fast.

a man watched the two, happily clapping and squealed.

"and so it begins."