16

a week had passed since narae came to the lee household to give a note to jeno.

everything was going smoothly. jeno and kyungmi cared for sunhi on the days they had off and jeno's friends babysat when the two were unable to. taeyong also babysat once when no one else could.

during the entire week, no progress was made between the two soulmates. jeno gave her head kisses every now and then and had simple hugs but nothing escalated farther than that which quite honestly annoyed jeno. he wanted things to start going but he did not want to pressure her at all.

the two sat on the couch, sunhi playing with her toys in the crib like play pen in the living room.

jeno and kyungmi decided to have a movie night and stay up since the two did not have work the next day. jeno decided on 'the lion king' which kyungmi happily agreed with.

that is until mufasa's death scene came.

"i can't watch this is too sad." kyungmi said as tears welled up in her eyes, covering her face with a couch cushion.

"come on. it's just a cartoon." jeno said and pat the girls back.

"it's a really sad one. i can't handle deaths, even in cartoons." she stated, wiping the tears that formed away.

jeno smiled at her and leaned over to give her a hug.

"it's over now. no more crying. the good parts are gonna come on." jeno said as he took away the couch cushion from her and made her lean on his chest, arm wrapped around her waist.

jeno was certain she could hear his heartbeat but he couldn't care less. he was holding his soulmate, the girl he was falling for.

kyungmi's face began to heat up at the skin contact. her heart was racing and her breathing hitched. she was enjoying his embrace, enjoying the warmth but a part of her was still scared. she didn't know how to act with her soulmate. she desperately longed for more affection but couldn't bring herself to do anything.

that is until now.

kyungmi looked up at him, admiring the entirety of his features. to her, he was absolutely breathtaking.

jeno felt her gaze and looked down at her, showing his eye smile. she gave a small smile in return, but did not look away.

"is everything okay?" jeno asked, clearly seeing a side of kyungmi he had never seen before.

"nice face." she said, recalling the time the two were getting to know each other.

"i'm not joking this time."

jeno smiled at her and she sat up, wriggling out of his grip.

she sat criss-crossed on the couch, her entire body facing him. jeno looked at her with a bit of confusion on his face. what she did next caught him completely off guard.

kyungmi cupped a side of his face, turning his head slightly and placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

jeno felt as if his heart was about to burst. maybe she was starting to loosen up. maybe she was starting to believe.

jeno smiled at her and looked into her eyes. his gaze flickered down to her lips as hers did the same.

the two leaned in, ready for each other's lips to connect until a familiar cry was heard, making the two stop and turn to their daughter.

kyungmi immediately rushed off the couch and went to hold the baby in an attempt to calm her down. she felt her own face heat up and her heart was beating rapidly. she was about to kiss the man she was starting to fall for.

jeno sighed as he watched his soulmate calm down the crying baby. he felt disappointed and somewhat annoyed, yet a smile lingered on his face, enjoying the sight of the two most important girls in his life at that point and time.

he was falling, or did he already fall for the girl who bumped into him?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"dammit baby! they were so close!" the man exclaimed as he witnessed everything that happened, an obvious annoyance on his face.

"geez usually this baby helps me out but now she wants to ruin the moment? sigh sigh SIGH!"