03

"i'm lee jeno and i need to see that baby."

with that, kyungmi pulled him inside and dragged him to her room, revealing a sleeping baby.

she quickly shut the door behind her and let out a sigh.

"thank goodness you're here! see i knew the dad got the wrong address." she said happily.

"great here's your baby please get going now." she said and put the baby inside the carrier.

jeno stopped her and gave her a confused look.

"you are lee kyungmi right?" he asked her and she nodded.

"i think it's just a coincidence that you gave her to someone with the same name. i wish you safe travels and what an adorable baby you have the mother must be beauti-" jeno cut off her rambling and noticed a tattoo on her wrist, looking exactly like his.

"you're telling me you didn't go to my job and give me a note saying that you had 'my' baby?" he questioned her and she stood there confused.

"no? you're telling me you didnt leave a baby at my doorstep and expected another lee kyungmi to answer when you came over?" she questioned back, making him shake his head.

"then who the hell does she belong to?"

they both looked over at the sleeping baby and furrowed their brows. jeno looked on her bed and saw a note with similar handwriting to the letter he got and read it.

"she's our daughter?"

"yo i thought you left for wor- what the fuck?" taeyong had just entered their room and scared both jeno and kyungmi.

to make matters worse, his best friend had stayed the night and came into the room with them.

"kyungmi who the hell is this? when the hell were you pregnant and when the hell did you have a baby?" taeyong asked, glaring at her.

"taeyong i-" she was cut off by jaehyun cooing at the baby.

"let's take a look shall we?" jaehyun said as he cradled the baby comfortably in his arms. both taeyong and jaehyun examined kyungmi's and jeno's facial features.

"she has your eyes." jaehyun said pointing at jeno.

"she has your nose." taeyong said, pointing at kyungmi.

"she's not our baby!" they both exclaimed,
accidentally waking her up.

the baby began to cry and kyungmi immediately rushed over to hold her, trying to console her.

"she cries like you too." jaehyun teased, earning a glare from kyungmi.

"okay what do you mean shes not your baby?" taeyong asked, clearly confused by the entire situation.

"first off, how do you think she is? i was clearly never pregnant. second, she was at the doorstep with a note saying she was the baby of two people who have our names." kyungmi handed the baby over to taeyong to show him the note, forgetting about the tattoo she had.

"when did you get a tattoo?" taeyong pointed at her wrist which caught everyone's attention.

jeno saw the tattoo and widened his eyes.

"i- don't know. it appeared out of nowhere yesterday!" she said and jeno shifted a bit.

"how the fuck do you not remember getting a tattoo? what you turn 20 and now you get wasted and get tattoos when you're drunk?" he exclaimed, handing the now crying baby to jaehyun.

"can i-"

"i got wasted once and the next day i didn't have a tattoo!"

"can i-"

"well clearly you got wasted more than once and went and got a tattoo and forgot all about it!"

"can i-"

"you seriously think i'm the type of person to get wasted all the damn time?!"

"can i-"

"oh my goodness kyungmi i thought you were more responsi-"

"can i fucking say something please?!" jeno exclaimed, making them quiet down.

"i have the same tattoo she has and it also appeared yesterday out of nowhere." he explained, pulling down his sleeve and showing an identical tattoo to kyungmi's in the same exact spot.

taeyong and jaehyun both widened their eyes and looked at each other, realizing what this could possibly mean.

"we have to call doyoung." jaehyun said and taeyong immediately did that, telling him to come over for an emergency.

jaehyun handed jeno the baby and went to taeyong's room where he was talking with doyoung.

jeno and kyungmi looked at each other confused and the eight month old was cradled by jeno, falling asleep.