07

jeno was playing with sunhi with no sign of kyungmi the entire day.

he was starting to get anxious after finding out she was his soulmate and was wondering why she was taking so long to come pick up sunhi.

as his nerves were about to peak, a knock was heard on the door and jeno opened it to reveal kyungmi.

"sorry im here so late. something came up. i'll take sunhi and go now." kyungmi said as she reached her hands out for the baby.

jeno shook his head and pulled her arm inside.

"i want to show you something." he said and led her to the couch, sitting sunhi on his lap.

he pulled down the sleeve of the onesie and showed kyungmi the birthmark.

"so?" kyungmi said as she furrowed her brows.

"we really are soulmates. destined to be together and care for her." jeno said and kyungmi shook her head.

"it's just a coincidence. she's not my
baby, she's not your baby. we're just watching over her until her real parents come." kyungmi said bluntly. she was clearly in a bad mood.

"look just give her to me so i can take her home. i'll be back to drop her off tomorrow." she said and jeno sadly nodded his head, placing the baby in the carrier and handed her towards kyungmi.

before she left, he began to coo and make faces at the baby which led to the room being filled with squeals. kyungmi found it really adorable and she wanted to stay but she just couldn't. she wasn't ready.

jeno gave a sad smile and waved goodbye as kyungmi left the door with sunhi. he knew she was his soulmate and wanted to get her to believe. he wanted to get so much more closer with her.

yet, a part of him was telling him that maybe it just was a coincidence. maybe sunhi wasn't really their baby. yeah they had similar features but what if it was all just a coincidence. finding a baby on the door step with the names of the two was just the biggest coincidence of all.

jeno sighed at his thoughts.

"maybe soulmates aren't real. maybe im just crazy for believing that guy."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

the man sighed when he heard what jeno said and looked over to kyungmi who acted as if nothing happened, as if she truly believed with everything in her body that he wasn't her soulmate.

"don't make me pull out the big guns. please start believing guys."

—————
i update this story as if people actually read it lmaoo