05

kyungmi was sleeping peacefully until her phone rang. she groggily answered the phone, not bothering to check the caller id and said "hello?"

all she was greeted with were panicked statements and a baby crying in the background.

"kyungmi please come over i am so sorry i know it's late but she won't stop crying and nothing i'm doing is working please-"

and with that, kyungmi ended the call and quickly put on her shoes, not caring that all she was wearing were shorts and a tank top.

she put on a hoodie and grabbed her phone and keys, then stepping out into the cold air. she regretted not wearing sweatpants but she also didn't care. her main goal was to get to that baby asap.

kyungmi started the car and read the address that jeno sent her after she hung up the call.

once she arrived, the cold air once again hit her legs but she did not care and hurried over to the front door of the slightly big yet simple home and knocked repeatedly.

jeno wasted no second to open the door and kyungmi let herself in, searching for the baby.

jeno made his way up the stairs to where the baby was and kyungmi quickly followed. he opened the door to his room and revealed the baby girl, screaming and crying.

kyungmi's heart hurt hearing her cries and she quickly went to pick up and rock the baby.

miraculously, she stopped crying and instead let out happy squeals. kyungmi smiled at her and jeno stood there in shock. she did what he failed to do in less than ten seconds.

"looks like she prefers the mom." jeno said and kyungmi laughed.

"what can i say? im a lovable person." she said back, earning a chuckle from jeno.

"we should name her. it's the least we can do since we are watching over her." kyungmi said and held the baby up high, playing with her.

"sunhi?" jeno suggested and that seemed to make the baby squeal.

"sunhi it is then." she said and smiled at the baby she was holding.

"can you make a bottle for her? she needs to sleep." kyungmi asked him and he happily agreed.

he checked the temperature of the milk, which was perfect, and handed it over to kyungmi.

kyungmi held sunhi at a certain angle and began bottle feeding her, to which sunhi happily complied with.

jeno looked at the two with a smile on his face. she looked like a real mother to him.

sunhi then pushed the bottle away to say that she was done and began whimpering. kyungmi was confused and tried rocking the drowsy baby to help her sleep, even laying down on jeno's bed which led to no avail.

jeno suddenly laid down next to them and sunhi let out her happy noises before starting to drift off to sleep.

kyungmi and jeno laid there, confused as to what happened.

"guess i have to sleep here?" kyungmi said and looked at sunhi, in awe from her features.

"guess so." jeno said as he held an adoring gaze to the girl who was softly caressing the baby.

"i can sleep downstairs if you want." kyungmi said and looked up at him.

"no it's okay. i have a feeling that she would wake up and cry if either of us left." he said and she gave him a smile.

"alright then. also sorry for bumping into you that day." kyungmi told him and he only shook his head.

"sorry for giving you an attitude. i was just stressed." he replied and gave her his famous eye smile.

kyungmi would be lying if she said that smile didn't make her feel anything. it made her heart do a tiny jump but who's heart wouldnt? jeno was a really attractive guy and no one could deny that.

kyungmi nodded and laid her head down after caressing the baby's face for a while.

"goodnight jeno." she said sleepily.

"goodnight kyungmi." he said and turned off his lamp, leaving the three in darkness and an amazing slumber took over their bodies.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

the man looked at the three with a smile.

"what a good baby. she's doing my job for me."